IMDb > "Just the Two of Us" (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Just the Two of Us" More at IMDbPro »

Exciting, entertaining and enjoyable!

Author: Tara Wheeler from United Kingdom
11 March 2006

Just the two of us was a fantastic series. A celebrity and a professional singer joined together to sing a variety of songs to a panel of judges. There aim was to dazzle the judges and get the publics vote! The couples were Mark Moraghan with Natasha Hamilton, Russell Watson with Sian Reeves, Chris Fountain with Jo O'Meara, Penny Smith with Curtis Stigers, Nicky Campbell with Beverley Knight, Matt Alwright with Jocelyn Brown, Fiona Bruce with Alexander O'Neal and Gaby Roslyn with Martin Fry. Russell Watson and Sian Reeves won. They did excellently and Sian did really well considering she had to match such a strong and powerful voice such as Russells. Mark and Natasha were runners up. I hope the BBC do a second series!

Good Show

Author: David Tattersall from United Kingdom
26 February 2006

This show has been dubbed the singing version of Strictly Come Dancing. Basically, a bunch of celebrities team up with professional singers such as Russel Watson and Jo O'Meara and perform duets from all genres of music. There are 4 judges who score them based on their performances and as they count the viewers vote 2 of the professionals come and sing a duet together.

Presented by real-life husband and wife Vernon Kay and Tess Daly (making this the first time they have presented together) it makes a perfect bit of evening viewing. It started on Thurday 23rd of February 2005 and finishes on Sunday 5th March 2006. Watching the good singers perform makes you want to clap and cheer at your telly and watching the bad performers make you want yell and jeer at the telly.

Please try and check this show out before it finishes. It is really good.

NOTE : Even though I have put the spoilers warning at the top of the review, it doesn't mean there is. I have put it on to be safe.

Yet another show with celebrities thinking they can sing but can't

Author: Chris Gaskin from Derby, England
14 March 2006

Although I never seen a full episode of Just The Two Of Us, what I saw of this I found total trash.

It is about celebrities who can't sing teaming up with a celebrity singer to see who is the best. After their performance, a panel of judges would comment on them, regardless whether they thought they were good or not. The eventual winners were Russell Watson and Sian Reeves.

This show ran for eight episodes and was screened for consecutive nights for 90 minutes. What a waste of prime time TV.

The hosts were married couple Vernon Kay and Tess Daly. The panel included Lulu.

This show also has the rather annoying Just the Two Of Us theme song and sounds rather boring too with just those words.

There have been two many of these kind of shows recently and Just The Two Of Us is one of the more trashy ones.