IMDb > "Brothers & Sisters" (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Brothers & Sisters"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Brothers & Sisters" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 10:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [Next]

Brilliant show.

Author: mtaffeot from United States
1 November 2006

Brothers and Sisters is one of the finest TV dramas to come along in a very long time. The performances are superb from all involved, especially Sally Field, Racheal Griffiths and Matthew Rhys.

Each Sunday night I am treated to one of the finest hours on television. The mixture of humor, drama and that whole family dynamic is very intriguing. This show takes you through a whole host of emotions in one sitting as the story lines of each family member unfold in such a way, it leaves you craving for the next episode.

The gay storyline involving Kevin(Matthew Rhy) and Scotty(Luke Macfarlane) is outstanding. For once we have a complete and in-depth relationship between two men handled with maturity and intelligence. I'm so very pleased to see this on ABC network TV without much fuss being made. This is one of the finest gay story lines i've ever seen on TV.

Bravo to the writers, actors and all involved in producing one of the finest TV dramas in years.

A Fantastic Show

Author: beforethedawnhealsus from Canada
23 October 2006

When Brothers & Sisters was about to premiere, I was eagerly anticipating it, though I had my doubts I was going to stick with it in the long term. However, that's totally not the case. This show shines as a crown jewel in this years television season.

The cast is wonderful and they all contribute such an amazing talent to making us feel as though the Walker's are truly brothers and sisters. The interactions between Kitty and Nora are always great to see, as are any scenes that Sally Field and Rachel Griffith's are in. They bring an amazing emotional depth to the story that definitely adds to the great writing that is turned out by the amazing writing staff.

Overall, this series has earned it's keep. I think I may have teared up once per episode so far. The family acts very much like a family through it's ups and downs, and it truly is moving. If you're looking for a new show that entertains you, moves you and brings you top notch acting, then Brothers & Sisters is definitely a show that you should be tuning into. You won't be disappointed.

Finally a Great new show.....

Author: pws_la from Los Angeles
4 November 2006

Not since Knots Landing have writers been able to introduce the television audience with characters that you want to get to know and want to follow. Desperate Housewives started out this way, but sadly lost it in season two, I hope they retain it back. The interaction of the siblings on B&S is fresh, interesting, real, and normally dysfunctional, and they admit it. This is The Waltons with Wine. They want to be perfect but they know their not and Sally Field ( THE BEST ACTRESS EVER ) just leads the pack great. She is a MOM all the way, and she puts her children first, even as they get older. I applaud ABC for listening to the fans and keeping the show, I also applaud the writers for great lines, humor and actually making the characters on this show believable....... I can honestly say that not since 1993 when Knots Landing went off the air, have I looked forward to an hour of sitting in front of the T.V.

Excellent family drama

Author: lelin2-1 from United States
24 September 2006

The pilot managed to introduce a large cast of complex characters while maintaining individuality and clarity--and the characters and their problems were interesting to boot! Calista Flockhart gets to use her very real acting ability portraying a character who has very little in common with Ally McBeal. Tom Skerritt and Sally Field are terrific as the parents, and each of the brothers and sisters has his or her own problems to deal with, and yet the story doesn't have the feel of a tear-jerking melodrama. The ending of this episode was a shocker, and it will be interesting to see if the writers can maintain the tension in future episodes.

Best show I'voe watched in a long time!

Author: lpspellmeyer from United States
25 September 2006

I was pleasantly surprised to watch the premiere episode of Brothers & Sisters. It is such a refreshing change to watch a well written drama with talented actors instead of the all too common prime-time shows which consist of murders, blood, sex, violence & bad acting. I had really given up on prime time television. I am sickened by the amount of graphic violence that have become commonplace in television shows. That is not entertainment to me! I loved every minute of Brothers & Sisters & cannot wait to see next week's episode! The story line is realistic, yet still entertaining. During commercials my husband and I were excitedly discussing the characters and the story that was unfolding. Thank you for offering such a great program~I have been waiting for a show like this for years!

Just excellent

Author: dr-bluish
26 September 2006

Just excellent!!! I don't know why TV companies are trying to hide some talented actors just like Flockhart...She is an outstanding actress..and from her first 10 minutes of the show I knew I was going to love this show..with all of its relations and characters... This show is a breath-taker and I just love it...and I can't wait to see the more of it... we are all waiting... The characters and their problems were interesting to know! Calista Flockhart gets to use her very real acting ability portraying a character who has very little in common with Ally McBeal. Tom Skerritt and Sally Field are great as the parents, and each of the brothers and sisters has his or her own problems to deal with, and yet the story doesn't have the feel of a tear-jerking melodrama. The ending of this episode was a shocker, and it will be interesting to see if the writers can maintain the tension in future episodes

Awesome!

Author: jgleeson-2 from United States
24 September 2006

Wow! I couldn't wait for the commercials to be over! I think this "is" my NEW favorite show! I can't wait for next week. Wonderful Acting and Writing! Make sure you turn in next week to watch. The hour went too fast. Sally Field is AMAZING! As well as Calista. A few new folks that mix well with those two ladies. Highly recommend. It's a breath of fresh air watching a new show like Brothers and Sisters. I'm from a family of 7 kids. So it's neat to see all the dynamics. The show has already surprised me by the first night's ending... Again, I almost can't wait for next week. Great show to watch after Desperate Housewives. I hope this one sticks around. I think it will. There's a big fan over here!

Loving and Passionate Drama

Author: kevinisha111 from United States
24 September 2006

Today this show premiered and I thought it was great! I love the relationship between the brothers and sisters, and the relationship between Kitty(Calista Flockhart) and Nora(Sally Field), because it is full of drama and argumentation, but when it all boils down to it they love each other so. I am looking forward to many more years of this show and I hope others enjoy it as much as I have. It has a wonderful cast starring Sally Field, Calista Flockhart, Balthazar Getty and Rachel Griffiths just to name a few. I also love how they incorporate politics into this family-oriented show, and they incorporate 9/11 as well. Everyone should tune in next Sunday to watch this show it is very enjoyable!!

I liked it.

Author: from United States
8 October 2006

I started watching this show because of the names, but stayed because it was kinda good. I liked it. I like all the characters. Maybe I like it cause I relate to the story-line, but I think its a good story. The 10/8 air-date episode is the first one I've seen. I hope it sticks around for a while. Sally Field is always awesome and fun to watch. Other than her and Calista, it seems the other actors and actresses are holding back a little. But such is the beginning of a series and I think it has a lot of potential, as long as the writing holds out (and could serve to get a little better.... BUT ITS STILL GOOD). I could really love this show.

Painful to watch

Author: chelseawalker from Sweden
1 December 2007

I don't know, maybe I'm too lad-ish and distant to US culture to enjoy this show, but this is so utterly boring and pointless show that almost painful to watch, and the reason is that this show is full of cliché and there's nothing more in this, period.

There are group of family members - white, rich, has a big house with pool, so typical. And they are dysfunctional. How original. The brother is gay and another is spoiled womanizing trouble-maker. VERY original. The elder sister is a grounded working mom, the younger sis jiggles her job and love-life. Highly and horribly unique. These things just need to go to retirement home now because they are just so overused again and again, they must be quite exhausted by now. And nosy, spoil mother who looks like she's about to throw hissy fits at any moment...AND are we supposed to feel sorry for them and feel empathy for them?

None of them are likable, and none of them stand out except Kitty, but sadly for her, whatever she does she just looks/sounds Ally, if not much awkward and annoying (and I stopped watching Ally McBeal because of her) and Sally Fields'character...her (I am just guessing here so apologies if not true, but surely she must have done SOMETHING to keep that face?!) botoxed-and-lifted-to-inch-of-her-life face aside, it's just so annoying so that so it's almost embarrassing. It's like watching a group of bratty teenagers, who think they have it all yet very childish.

Very generic, forgettable TV show.

Page 1 of 10:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [Next]