IMDb > Feel the Noise (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Feel the Noise More at IMDbPro »

This movie was awful -- DO NOT GO SEE IT

Author: (astaples-accounts) from United States
6 October 2007

So... imagine going to see a movie thinking it was going to be like You Got Served. Probably not the best plot wise, but with some redeeming features (dancing, specifically). Then you see it, and it's AWFUL. ALL of it is AWFUL. Awkward. No dancing. Stupid acting. AWFUL. When you are done, you wish you hadn't paid and taken a nap instead.

There are probably too many plot lines trying to happen, which is generally a problem for a movie anyway. But then there are horrible transitions between the sections, and often after a "major" plot point you find yourself looking at a friend going "what just happened? really?" And every once in awhile, without a reason, the filming style changes. Oh, and did I mention the entire movie is awkward? People just aren't like that...

I highly recommend NOT going to see this movie.

More like feel the No's, the no ways, the no way Josés...

Author: intelearts from the big screen
13 December 2007

Yikes, quite possibly one of the worst music films of all time...

The plot could be written on an envelope and you'd still have an acre of space left.

It is not fun, funny, or down dirty - it's just plain yeeuch... honestly. And it's extremely misogynistic in places. The women here aren't strong, thinking, role models - it's all short skirts and hips a swinging... which is just plain depressing...

And the film... it reminds me of elephants leaping over a cliff hoping to fly... just really doesn't stand a chance... really does look and feel like a very middle-class white teenager's idea of what Latino music should look like.

Just didn't buy this, and what's more half way through I didn't want to buy it anymore. I did stick it out to the end, but I was really, really unimpressed.

Formulaic crap - avoid unless you like headaches. Sorry guys, non es muy impresionante...

Horrible Movie

Author: lilswimeyfish08 from United States
14 October 2007

If you think it is going to be a mix between Step Up and Stomp the Yard, you are brutally wrong. I was ashamed to spend $8.50 on this movie. It was so bad in the first half hour, that my friend and I left. If you want to waste your money on a horrible movie, this is the one to go to. I never thought I would hate a movie this much, but this proved me wrong.

I am warning you, do not see this even if your life depended on it. I'm not saying Omarion or any of the "actors" in this movie are horrible, but the plot sucks and you've got people who have never really acted before. It is elementary acting, and while the music is good, after 10 minutes of reggae, you never want to listen to it again.

Instantly Forgettable.

Author: paul-darren from United Kingdom
17 October 2007

Once in a while a Movie comes along that really stirs you. Inspires you to go out and realise your dreams. Or at least makes you glad to be alive. Unfortunately,this was not one of those Movies. I did make it through to the very end. Though this was mainly due to the batteries in my remote control having died and me having a bad leg. It was so instantly forgettable that when my partner came home and asked me what i'd done all day i was able to recall the ironing and clipping my toenails,but any semblance of having watched a Movie had completely disappeared from my mind. I only remember it now to write this because i've just had a phone call from the video store telling me it's overdue.

Its not even worth seeing for the music

Author: dbborroughs from Glen Cove, New York
23 December 2007

Guy from the Bronx wants to be a hip-hop star, however he's forced to flee to Puerto Rico when he has a run in with some bed guys. Generally it isn't a good sign when the selling point is that a film is produced by a movie star, in this case Jennifer Lopez. Done on the cheap I kept wondering why they couldn't get more money for a better cast and crew.The film is okay, but never really connected with me since its so specifically of a place and life style it fails to click as a story or larger importance. Whats worse is the music isn't very good, which is something I rarely say about urban dramas such as this. Its so abrasive and unremarkable that you don't want to watch the film simply so you won't hear the music.

It's "West Side Story" gone bad!

Author: Len9876 from United States
15 August 2008

If you are looking at this film to learn about Puerto Rican culture and ethnicity, you will not find it here. In fact, all this film offers is a Hollywood-stereotypical of Puerto-Rican-American generic. And, the generic is offered on the 'cheap', with a low-budget film that is anything but authentic. A cameo appearance by J-Lo (Jennifer Lopez), at the end of the film, does not legitimize the film. As for the music, it starts out okay at the start of the film, but then goes from bad to worse. The dancing is okay, but disappears by the end of the film. A song entitled 'Puerto Rico', which (I guess) was sung at a Puerto Rican festival in New York City, feels more like a commercial than a movie. But, the film fails to promote anything but garbage.

There does not seem to even be a plot--and, as someone has suggested, I would not even bother to write what may be a plot (quoting the suggestion) "on an envelope." It would be a waste of an envelope that can be better-used elsewhere. If there is a script, it certainly must be brief and threadbare. Did anyone ever both to do any research, at all, on Puerto Ricans? If so, the research findings do not find their way in this film. In fact, this film appears to be a poor remake of "West Side Story" gone bad (the Jets and the Sharks even get lost).

The film is more like a nightmare on Upper-West-Side's Main Street. And, the script is filled with a Caucasian's misconception of what the writer blindly sees as a Puerto Rican Yellow Brick Road. The script needs lots, and lots, and lots of work. And, the actors and dancers are like a "Peter Pan" that just does not know how to fly. Also, the film's creators need to re-write a more-believable, if not more-authentic, workable kind of formula.

Do not even listen to, or watch, the dialog or music from the film. Or, at least take two aspirin, after you get a migraine headache. Do your homework, or go to Puerto Rico, to learn about what it really is to be a Puerto Rican. All you will get, from the film, is plenty of chaos, confusion, noise, and static.

The film is so awful that it deserves a zero, but the lowest rank is 1 out of 10. Due to 'extreme awfulness', the film is not recommended. Keep the adults--and the children--home.

No-more-e-on

Author: bryanhelder from Canada
17 January 2008

The whole time I was watching this I couldn't figure out why they were making omarion out to be such a joke. It doesn't take that long to discover this whole movie is really just an excuse to prop his ego. Only it backfires, because this whole movie seems like it either started out as a music video and was made into a movie afterward, or it was a practical joke on 2008's top pick for biggest douche in the universe award.

The acting was pretty bad, or maybe it was the script, I really don't know which was worse. The crowds don't look like they like the music, in fact no one other than omarion sounds like they really dig the crap they are being paid to dance to. Too many musicians think they need to be doing everything. Leave the acting to people who have way more talent and practice at it, and maybe go work on those "phat rhymes".

I felt no noise, but I felt my Time slip by

Author: khaldoon_rizeq from United Arab Emirates
11 September 2008

This movie was a waste of time! I would rather sit with my grandma, while she teaches me sewing rather than watch it again!! Before I walked in, I thought this is a dancing movie, because this is how it was marketed. Now, the only good thing about this movie was the way it was marketed. It is true that they fool the people into thinking that it is a dance movie, but the preview of this movie was amazing. Honestly, I am willing to watch the preview over and over again for the 1 hour 20 minutes of the movie, rather than watching the movie again. The acting was horrible. Omarian keeps on proving to us that he is a lousy actor; he is a good dancer and singer, why can't he just stick with that?! The storyline was just too weak. It contained no suspense, it contained no twists, it contained no "spice"! The music in the movie was also horrible, it was literally noise! In the end, try to avoid this movie at any cost!!

Young Freestyler In Latino Land

Author: Marius Baciu
23 April 2008

The movie started very awful. I know Omarion is more a dancer than a rapper, but as they say... "gotta try'em all" To start good i give this movie a fair 5. Some of the viewers might contest my rating, but if you were part of a world like this you would understand. This is the worst movie for someone who eats movies for breakfast, and the best movie for a reggeton dancer. And since I'm caught right in the middle, i justify my grade. The music is very cool comparing to the movie, I've actually paused the movie in mid "action" to look for the OST online :) The one thing you can't say about music is that it S.U.X. because it doesn't. Just because some of us you don't line one king of music. This doesn't mean that if this movie was about heavy metal, you would have seen a rating of 1 and a post saying that the music is bad, not from me at least. My advice to all of you is watch the movie, and if you don't like it, grab a camera and do your own.

deserves to be bottom 10

Author: captlou41 from United States
25 April 2008

It is riding high at number 11 worst film of all time. Deserves to be bottom 10! Reminded me of Eraserhead. You sat there watching this load of crap hoping it would turn into a goose, let alone a swan. But never did.

With gas prices at $3.50 I wish I had the money to blow on producing such nonsense. At least it arrived in the mail! Avoid at all costs! Garbage. I am already wasting my time trying to fill in ten lines to describe a waste of 1.5 hours of my life.

yes, CC is only value.

No music, no dance, just time ticking by.