IMDb > "Scrubs" My Way Home (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Scrubs" My Way Home (2006)

« Prev | 100 of 182 Episodes | Next »

Best Episode

Author: Daniel from New York, United States
16 December 2006

This episode is by far my favorite one. It's probably not the funniest episode of all, probably not the most meaningful one either. But it just has absolutely no flaws. There's plenty of humor throughout, the change from the Dr. Cox "I'll do whatever I can to torment the group" attitude to the Dr. Cox "Ok, someone's in trouble and I need to help them" attitude (the sign of all great episodes), and a brilliant parallel to the Wizard of Oz. Also, any episode that includes Ted's band has to get a slight bump in ranking, and the a Capella version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" is a nice touch. Bottom line is that this episode could be shown to someone who has never seen the show before as the one that best captures what the show really is.

brilliant

Author: Mrhotwings from United States
29 June 2006

although i have been a fan of this show from the beginning, this particular episode stands out as nothing less than a simply wonderful homage to the wizard of oz. the writing was nothing less than brilliant as the episode developed. of course, by the end, it all tied together quite nicely.

i counted no less than 35 references (pretty good for a half hour show). some were so obscure that i'm not even sure if they were intentional,or or rather just coincidental. at the same time, i'm reasonably sure i probably missed some.i have the episode on tape, just so i can enjoy the episode again and again, as well as look for other "oz" references.

it only took a few minutes to catch on to the gist of the episode , as it used hints here and there . however, even if someone was somewhat "oblivious" to what they were doing, by the middle of the episode, only someone who had no clue about the wizard of oz wouldn't catch on.

A Perfect Episode

Author: moonman1969 from United States
5 November 2007

In every sense of the word, this episode of Scrubs is perfect. "My Way Home" is a cross-section of why I love this show, and why it will go down in the anneals of television history as one of the greatest shows off all time. Perfectly balancing an ingeniously comedic plot with maudlin undertones, the likes of which haven't been seen since the best episodes of M*A*S*H. The "Wizard of Oz" theme although heavily followed is not overdone, and uses it like a template as in other works nodding to great stories of years past to tell a original tale of morality like most other episodes of "Scrubs". In addition to the story, the directing lends much to "my way home" in the way of subtle changes to camera filters and little touches in the like. If your goal is to introduce a friend to "Scrubs", throw this one at them first, smart money says this episode will get them hooked.

What Modern Fairy Tale Should Be

Author: swimmercait from Atlanta, United States
4 March 2008

This episode has such a seamless of parallels to The Wizard of Oz set in a modern comedy form that I didn't even realize the comparison until the commercial break half way through the episode. It just seemed like an interesting story and as soon as I realized what was going on it made it that much better.

I think that the adaptations of TWoO into the Scrubs world are so good because they fit so naturally. It seems at times that some of the running gags on the show were started just so they could tie them into the theme of this episode. For example, Dr. Cox's continual references to J.D. by a girl's name, this allows for J.D. to be called Dorothy for the entire episode without question, or the fact that Ted has a singing group so they can maintain the musical elements of the episode intricately.

Definitely one of the most memorable episodes of Scrubs and perhaps also the best. It is my favorite.