IMDb > "October Road" (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"October Road"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"October Road" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

Surprisingly...... I liked it

Author: Kim Boland from Canada
20 March 2007

I stumbled across October Road after watching Grey's Anatomy last Thursday. The only reason I even glanced twice at the show was because I love Brian Greenberg. I wasn't immediately hooked from the first moment like I was with Grey's Anatomy but it was definitely one of the better pilot episodes that I've seen in my life. I'm going to give it a chance. Plus, it lucked out with that time slot. Being right after Grey's is going to help it a lot I think. I hope that ABC will it give it a chance to grow because the story lines are interesting (even if they have been done before). Everyone wonders if it's possible to really go home again and October Road is attempting to answer that question. Overall, worth the watch and I'm looking forward to seeing where they take it. Plus, the soundtrack was pretty awesome in my opinion.

Refreshing and titillating

Author: roffer98 from United States
12 July 2007

With so many copy cats, knockoffs and duds out there it is so nice to come across a show with great content. Too bad this show is not getting the same executive support as Heroes for example.

For those that get the subplots and subtle allusions there is clearly much more going on with these characters than meets the eye. This isn't just another WB show - it has more to offer. It brings back the kind of writing that one came to expect from Twin Peaks, but with a more engaging and alluring cast.

Losing this show would be a mistake - not giving it better exposure and a better time slot will greatly reduce the ROI for this show! The executive that decided to air this show should show some moxie and follow through - your instincts were right on this one!

This show is in the diapers

Author: shoelesspatch from United States
30 March 2007

Why are you guys all hatin' on this show. I mean, it isn't The West Wing or the OC I know, but it's got some really great elements. Love That 70s girl. The plot line can be a bit cheesy at times but the dialogue more than makes up for it. As far as the soundtrack is concerned, I couldn't have made a better mix on iTunes, yeah I said it, ITUNES. I really hope the show goes beyond the initial 6 episode contract. It's witty, similar to the West Wing, with characters that you can really care about. It's intelligent, unlike some of the user comments read earlier.

Keep watching, and if you can't bring the bacon, bring the pig. I'm telling' ya.

great show

Author: e-desousa from Canada
30 March 2007

I loved the show, I found the characters very interested, and can't wait to see what will happen next. I also love Bryan Greenberg. I hope this show goes on for a while. I loved all the other shows like Grey's anatomy, but I find it is turning into a soap opera. I think all the characters are interesting, and you can't wait to see what will happen next. I don't remember every seeing a show with this plot. It is quite different and the characters are believable. Not like most shows. When I saw the first show I was really intrigued. I'm usually in bed by 10:00pm, but I was interested to see where this show was going. All, in all I love this show.

Give it a chance!

Author: walnutgrovecrafts from United States
11 April 2007

To me, there are many shows and series out there that may start off rather slow and boring. I wasn't crazy about the 1st episode, because I felt it was dragging on and on. However, I tivo'd the other episodes, have watched them,and have LOVED them! It's getting good folks, let's give it a chance to rectify itself! In my opinion, the reviews and negativity you read and watch on TV about things are just so premature. We can say a movie is crap, because it's a movie, as in one, 2 hour time frame, and that's it. Series or TV shows, however, there are more than one. So if the first 1, maybe even 2 or 3 stink, there's still time for recovery! I personally think that given the chance, it will turn out to be a great show that should stick around for a while to come.....

I'm behind you October Road!

Refreshing

Author: Space814 from Typical Generic Suburb, USA
23 March 2007

WRT schoeny99's comments, I have to disagree with the music thing. But, it's entirely relative to personal experience. I am pretty much the same age as the characters and I loved Kurt Cobain and Nirvana - yet my vinyl collection includes Boston, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, etc. Most of my friends and I thrived on classic rock. But I recognize not everyone does that and some only listen to Top 40 pop and rock...so not understanding the mixture of Kurt Cobain and Boston would make sense.

My high school friends and I were remarkably similar to the October Road group and I think that cast-wise, this show's great. There's always the people who leave town to make something of themselves and have an awkward return. There are those who never leave town...some get married, some don't...some hold grudges, some don't...you get the idea.

Compared to a lot of other shows on television, October Road is a bit more realistic (not completely, as prime time television is rarely a mirror of reality) and I'm enjoying the direction it's taking. Looking forward to see where it goes...

Keep October Road! too Early to hit the Road

Author: sixdegrees10 from United States, Atlanta
12 May 2007

While October Road is not one of my all time favorites I still give it an 8. It has a good cast of believable characters who for the most part seem pretty real. There are so many awful shows particularly Reality Shows that I watch very little TV. This show held my interest and made me want to come back each week to see what would happen next. And believe me when I say that now days this is a rare thing for me. The writing may be a little weak which is why I gave it an 8 as some of the story lines have been a bit unbelievable and the characters not given enough depth but the actors have done their best to make it work. The veteran actors are really talented and the new faces were good characters who seemed very real. I do not think this show has been given enough time to gain an audience. I believe that given more time this show will do very well. Once again ABC is not giving a show with real potential a real chance. With so many loser shows given so many chances they need to give decent shows a real chance and time for the show to really click and gain an audience.Watch this show on ABC videos if you have not seen it yet and let ABC know they need to give it another chance.

No Emmy Winning Show but it does the trick!

Author: broo_k from United States
24 March 2007

It's no Emmy winning show but it does the trick. I know I like it enough to come back for more. The top thing it has going for it is the attractive cast. The story is a bit Been there done that style. Yet, it has a such a great quality to it that brings me back to the days when television was Innocent to me. So to me it a wonderful show that has charm and quality. I do agree the other comments about the quality of the pilot was good. I to agree that it is one of the better Pilots I have seen. This show does need to be given a chance. I believe that it will generate its following over time. You know some of the best TV shows were once thought to be flukes.

Weak at first but growing on me

Author: AMovieFreak7-1 from United States
5 April 2007

The Pilot episode wasn't as strong as it could have been I only tuned in the next week because I was a fan of Bryan Greenburg from his performance on One Tree Hill, and of course Laura Prepon from That 70s Show. Thankfully the show has picked up since then and has built up in storyline (such as the developing relationship between Eddie and Janet which I am hoping will work out). I find the relationship between Nick and his student Aubrey to be quite annoying and hope it will soon end. The appeal of the show is not so much on the main characters but on its subplots; Phil, the man who never leaves the house (which I'm curious if we will find out exactly why), the aforementioned Eddie/Janet goings-on, and Ikey's secret love affair which his best friends wife. I am looking forward to seeing this show a lot more. Hopefully it will be an ABC show that will stick around, lets see if it can withstand the Thursday night slot alongside Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy.

October Road off to a good start

Author: Catherine from USA
18 March 2007

October Road held my interest, which was surprising since I'm not the demographic they are aiming at. They gave us enough insight into each character to keep us coming back for more. I can't wait for next Thursday evening. But I feel that the writers could have used veteran actor Tom Berenger more. I didn't feel that a 30 second hihowareyou between father and son was believable. That scene should have been a lot longer. There are enough characters, that they could give each one an episode to themselves. There is so much going on in everyone's lives, that the writers should keep us happy for years to come. I hope that this series is given a chance to bloom.

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]