IMDb > "The Sopranos" Moe n' Joe (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Sopranos" Moe n' Joe (2006)

« Prev | 75 of 86 Episodes | Next »

Tone and Janice

Author: Max_cinefilo89 from Italy
24 May 2008

Janice, Janice, Janice: ever since she showed up for the first time in Season Two, she's been a huge pain in Tony's ass. Moe n' Joe takes a deeper look at the relationship between the two siblings, while at the same time setting events in line for the undoubtedly tragic ending of Season Six, Part One.

During one of his nowadays rare sessions with Dr. Melfi, Tony opens up about his childhood, explaining how Janice would bully him and the extort favors; as a teenager, he would be approached by kids who wanted to be his friends only so that they could get close enough to his sister; and more recently, she left hi in charge of their mother, with her coming back in time to profit from the old lady's death. Considering his state of mind, it's hardly surprising Tony's getting a good laugh out of Janice's current misfortunes.

Meanwhile, Vito Spatafore seems to have adjusted to life in New Hampshire, going as far as coming clean to his new lover about his identity. After a while, though, he realizes he is making a mistake and makes an even bigger one by heading back to New Jersey, where Phil's all but welcoming arms will be waiting.

Over the years, the psychoanalysis scenes have provided some good insights concerning Tony's feelings and thoughts, elements that are otherwise shown only in the famous dream sequences. And so, after recollections of his parents, we get a glimpse of what it was like to grow up with Janice, understanding the origins of all their adorable discussions in past episodes. As for the Vito section, the poignancy of previous shows is retained, especially as the outcome becomes more and more obvious. Let's just say: ouch!

Moe n' Joe (#6.10)

Author: ComedyFan2010 from Canada
27 March 2014

Johnny Sack refuses to be an informant but agrees to admit who he was member of in order to get a a sentence of 15 years. Bobby has his eye taken out and Tony gives Janice a good deal on the house. Vito lives in the small town with his new friend but he can't deal with it as it is not the life he is used to so he goes back.

A bit more boring than usually episode. It was nice to see the scenes of Tony remembering his childhood with Janice though as it once again helps us to understand his character more.

Meadow is really getting on my nerves, I am just glad she is not on screen too long

Disappointing

Author: Polaski from Sweden
15 May 2006

Since the last episode I was expecting to see some kind of further development of what would happen with the renewed drinking of Chris and a little bit of focus on what would happen to Paulie, but instead it is back to Vito. I have nothing against any sexual preferences but the truth is that Vito is a boring character. We do get a glimpse of some unprovoked violence from his part but it simply seems that his character is dead already and they are simply prolonging his life for some strange reason.

More focus on Tony and his business and the ACTUAL mob related stuff that is going on, as when Bobby is assaulted by a couple of teenagers in Newark.

I hope that this last season will improve, and I actually believe it, but this was probably the weakest episode of this season.