IMDb > "The X-Files" Kitsunegari (1998) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The X-Files" Kitsunegari (1998)"The X Files" Kitsunegari (original title)

« Prev | 105 of 201 Episodes | Next »

Blue paint is yummy!

Author: Sanpaco13 from Sandy, UT, United States
7 August 2007

Kitsunegari is a good sequel episode to Pusher from season 3. I loved the first one and it is on my list of favorites however this followup while good is not on that list. Probably the greatest redeeming quality of this episode is the guy covered in paint. That is such a terrible way to make someone kill themselves! I think the turning point for me is when this episode turns from Modell being the bad guy to his sister being the bad guy who is actually the woman that was supposedly in danger. I like the idea but it didn't quite work for me. I can't quite put my finger on it but I still can't give this episode higher than an 8/10.

Fox Hunt

Author: Muldernscully from Washington Terrace, Utah
31 October 2006

Kitsunegari is a great follow-up to season three's Pusher, one of the best x-files from season three. Kitsunegari loses some of the charm and originality from the first one, but it is still very good in its own right. Modell has escaped from prison and is supposedly killing again. But this time around, he is not following the same M.O., killing law enforcement officers with abandon. He appears to want to help Mulder, but Mulder, as usual, is the only one who believes him, while Scully and Skinner think Mulder is nuts for trusting Modell. It's hard to believe that Modell has suddenly stopped becoming a murderer just because Mulder "beat" him, and it's hard to believe that his long-lost sister suddenly becomes a murderer when she finds out about him. But if you put that aside, this becomes a very entertaining episode. The visual of the Nathan Bowman covered in Cerulean Blue paint is very striking. The climax is not to be missed as Mulder thinks Scully has shot herself, and he has his gun on Linda Bowman, ready to shoot her, who is telling him that she is really Scully. And at the end of the episode, Mulder offers a poignant line to Scully, which I'm not sure if I understand it myself, after she tells him that he won Linda's game: "How come I feel like I lost?"