IMDb > "The X-Files" Emily (1997) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The X-Files" Emily (1997)"The X Files" Emily (original title)

« Prev | 104 of 207 Episodes | Next »

A Miracle That Wasn't Meant To Be

Author: Muldernscully from Roy, Utah
20 October 2006

Emily doesn't quite hit the same emotional high for me as Christmas Carol does. It still is a very good episode. Mulder returns and helps Scully. I am always impressed with acting ability of David Duchovny. Just his facial and bodily expressions tell so much. I also love it when he goes to any length to help Scully, whether it be roughing people up or otherwise. This episode features a very cool teaser of Scully walking through a sandstorm and doing a voice-over. I like the final effect of her face turning to sand and blowing away. In past seasons Mulder has been fooled by shape-shifting aliens impersonating other people. I found it funny that he was fooled again after seeing Kresge shooting the alien and seeing the green blood ooze out. One puzzling thing to me is at the very end when Scully looks in Emily's coffin, and all there is is sand with Scully's cross on it. Did Emily turn to sand? Emily is still a good conclusion to the two episode storyline, where we get to see a little deeper into Scully's soul and her yearning for a child of her own.

Excuse me, I'm looking for the special needs ward.

Author: Sanpaco13 from Sandy, UT, United States
7 July 2009

This conclusion to the Christmas Carol series is an exciting one. After an extremely obscure and meaningless teaser, Mulder finally shows up to help out. Who is this child and how is it possible that she is Scully's daughter? We find out that Emily is not a normal child when she emits the same toxic green acid from the back of her neck as a nurse tries to inject her with some medicine. Mulder's theory is that she is a lab rat for the government, created from one of Scully's stolen ova and used her entire life to test the possibility of an alien human hybrid. I love the scene where Mulder kicks the trash out of that doctor in his office. Exciting episode with some great action and mystery but unfortunately as I've said before, this episode for whatever reason tends to be forgettable. Nevertheless, I enjoy it each time I watch it. 9 out of 10.