IMDb > "Wonder Woman" The Deadly Toys (1977) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Wonder Woman" The Deadly Toys (1977)

« Prev | 26 of 60 Episodes | Next »

One of my favourites

Author: Joxerlives from United Kingdom
21 January 2012

The Deadly Toys Frank Gorshin of course another DC alumni having played the Riddler on the Adam West Batman and a lawyer on The New Adventures of Superman. He's excellent here as the Toymaker although you'd wonder how he learned to make perfect robot doubles of people, it's never explained (maybe he's a Nazi war criminal in hiding, his accent suggests so). And if you could make perfect doubles of Wonder Woman why bother with crime when you could just sell them as sex-bots? John Rubenstein is also great (love the afro!) and will later also guest star in The New Adventures of Superman and as the villainous Linwood on Angel. I remember as a kid the melting men effect scared me and even now it looks pretty gruesome, not 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' gruesome but still. Another WW double and a truly bizarre scene where she faces off with a very surprised Diana Prince. Of course the Wonder Woman vs her robot double fight is the stuff of legend. This time it's Diana under the truth serum and knocked out again, this time by drug laced butterflies (trippy!). Good thing they never thought to ask her the obvious question. One rather lame aspect is that she's imprisoned in the most feeble cage ever, I mean chicken wire, really?

Very, very popular amongst the WW fetishists, both mind control, ASFR (people transformed into statues, living waxworks, robots etc) and gynoid fetishists, some people would actually have taken great delight if WW had been defeated and transformed into the Toymaker's latest plaything to judge by their comments. One, question, what happened to the WW robot? We last see her knocked out in the Toymakers basement, could she still be up and about? Is the WW we see spraying 'Merry Christmas' on the shopfront at the end the real one or the recovered robot? What I like about her is not only the subtle way Lynda plays her differently from the genuine Wonder Woman (her acting skill really grows over time) but the fact we finally have a decent foe for her to fight, not just some more obvious stuntmen for her to throw around. The fight between them is imaginative and quite thrilling. We also have the 'arms race' referred to, a very real concern in the 70s. In the end Diana and Steve decide to allow the fake scientists to be shipped out of the country rather than the real ones, spreading disinformation and putting back the oppositions research for years, the sort of thing real spy agencies do. 8/10, kinda love this one

Two Wonder Woman? Oh my!

Author: pmullan-54285 from United Kingdom
13 June 2016

"The Deadly Toys"

What can you make out of a title like that? Honestly? I was expecting it to be silly and overblown, but I was very wrong. It actually proved to be a very fitting episode, especially since it is set at Christmas. Lynda Carter just looks beautiful at this point (her luscious locks play a big part in that) and her cheekiness when she is sauntering around the episode is so enjoyable (Throughout Seasons 2 and 3, she became very sassy and it's so fun to watch) to watch. Having two Wonder Woman is nothing all that new, but the hilarious tussle that the two have is worth watching. Lyle Waggoner is given a total of two scenes per episode at this point and it was far too obvious that he was pretty much useless by this stage. I feel sorry for him, he is drafted such a bland character and he really isn't all that necessary in any story that he features. But, he isn't being tied up every five minutes as much at this point, so be thankful for small mercies. Anyway, a very fun and enjoyable moments that make a great episode. 9/10