IMDb > "Wonder Woman" Beauty on Parade (1976) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Wonder Woman" Beauty on Parade (1976)

« Prev | 4 of 60 Episodes | Next »

not sure the kids of today would enjoy - too bad

Author: babykaren from chgo
11 January 2014

I recall watching this show as a preteen and yet could never see Wonder Woman as a female role model. She had to be two people and one was always patted on the head. When you compare her to SG-1's Samatha Carter - a soldier and scientist - you see how times have changed.

Was I wrong in seeing that the tunnel that got blown up at the beginning of the episode looked very much like the entrance to the SG-1 site? Watching Wonder Woman now-you see a great collection of vintage clothes. I love the goons in suits, ties and hats and despite there being a beauty pageant the female roles are well-clothed and stylish. You also hear an easier tempo in the dialogue in the storyline. And that rotary coin phone - ah the good old days.

Beauty on parade

Author: Joxerlives from United Kingdom
30 December 2011

Must have had 70s feminists choking on their cornflakes! They finally have this strong female role model (albeit one who dresses like an incredibly jingoistic hooker) and 4 eps in she's entering a beauty contest? (Supergirl was in Smallville for several eps before she was prancing about in high heels and a skimpy bikini in an attempt to become 'Miss Sweetcorn'. Not to mention Lois Lane undercover as a stripper). Interestingly we have a character here called 'Monty Burns' but I'm sure it's just coincidence for the Simpsons. Steve knocked out again, was there ever an ep where he wasn't? You wonder if that was Lyle's screen test, "Can you do 'handsome and unconscious?" We have Dwight Eisenhower mentioned. The first thunderclap-spin transformation that was to become so famous (reputedly Lynda Carter's own idea, I wonder if she get's money for it?)

just watch the grenade scene

Author: trashgang from Midian
15 January 2013

Now that you are into wonder woman you can see that the production also saw that we had a few problems with the effects. the changing from Diana to wonder woman was laughable but now we do see some flash when she's turning and changing. Coming back from wonder woman to Diana is never shown.

There's something wrong with a military base, someone is trying to break into the facility and it's up to wonder woman to get into the base when some beauty contest is going on and she's sure that there are spies involved.

Most notorious is the fact that here wonder woman could catch a grenade and throw it back. Stil it's campy and cheesy whole throughout this episode.

Gore 0/5 Nudity 0/5 Effects 2/5 Story 2/5 Comedy 0/5