« Prev | 99 of 110 Episodes | Next »

Awful

Author: darthquincunx from Manchester
2 June 2012

This was the worst story in the entire series if not out of all Allen's shows. Leprechauns? Come on! I don't know what was going in the writer's head with this episode but how Basehart carried on acting for the rest of the series after this debacle is amazing. He remained the total professional throughout. Me, I would be wetting myself with laughter with this. Why Irwin Allen allowed this to be shot in the first place is beyond me, I assume he never looked at the script. It is either that or he encouraged it. Whatever it was, it was a great shame that it was allowed to degenerate to this level. It could have been such a memorable show but sadly it is largely forgotten these days.

Love It

Author: StuOz
31 August 2010

Two Leprechauns (both played by Walter Burke) appear on Seaview: There is a good Lep wishing to help the Seaview and a bad Lep just wanting gold from the bottom of the sea.

Voyage/Sea has been a lifetime interest of mine but I delayed my first viewing of Terrible Leprechaun until 2005 because I heard so many reports as to how bad this hour is, I just could not watch an episode that has been so trashed for so long. I thought it might destroy Voyage for me. And guess what happened when I watched it? I loved it, it did not destroy Voyage at all. This is a perfect example of what can happen when you listen to critics!

It is about time we had an Irish element in this very American thing called Voyage/Sea! I think that is part of the appeal to an Australian like me. But there are so many other great things about this hour: The Leith Stevens score which sounds a bit like last week's Mullendore score for Blackbeard?

And Terry Becker is outstanding as Sharkey, his material with Walter Burke ranks as some of the best material in season four Voyage. As always, Richard Basehart is outstanding, he treats the episode with total respect and gives a fine performance that actually makes us think a Leprechaun could be walking around Seaview!

The effects footage lifted from season two's The Mechanical Man gives this hour an epic feel that just adds to the experience of Terrible Leprechaun! The episode has just one small thing going against it: The usually fine Patrick Culliton (as Corpsman) is not so pleasing in this hour. Pat attempts to get into the comic nature of the hour but this fine actor should stick to playing a Seaview guard where he fits in the series better.