IMDb > "Twin Peaks" Episode #1.2 (1990) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Twin Peaks" Episode #1.2 (1990)

« Prev | 2 of 30 Episodes | Next »

Agent Cooper has some 'damn fine coffee' and three slices of cherry pie

Author: Tweekums from United Kingdom
30 April 2012

This episode opens with Special Agent Cooper talking into his Dictaphone; there would be nothing too strange about that if he wasn't hanging from his ankles at the time. He then goes downstairs and has a 'damn fine cup of coffee' before heading to the police station where he questions James Hurley. More suspicions are raised when waitress Shelly Johnson discovers blood on one of her husband Leo's shirts; we already know that he is a dangerous man; the question is just how dangerous?

This episode follows on from the pilot and lets us get to know the characters a bit better; the more we see of them the more it is apparent that there was a lot going on just under the surface in Twin Peaks long before Laura Palmer was murdered. Leo Johnson shows just how unpleasant he can be and Bobby Briggs and his friend Mike Nelson, while probably not murderers are clearly unpleasant. Not everybody in the town is like that though in fact most seem to be the epitome of friendliness. There were plenty of amusing moments scattered throughout the episode; one of the best was when Cooper and Sheriff Truman were served some decidedly fishy coffee! The cast did a fine job; Sherilyn Fenn's performance as the sultry Audrey Horne was positively seductive; and that was before she even said anything!

Don't drink that coffee !

Author: turtleggs from Turkey
12 July 2012

Second episode is over, and we are seeing more depth of the characters. I'm beginning to love Agent Cooper. He's like Sherlock Holmes of 90's era. And there is a funny quote by Sheriff Truman saying that he should start reading about medicine because he feels like Doctor Watson around Agent Cooper.

In this episode Cooper and Truman investigates more about Laura Palmer's death and they don't come up with anything. All they do is to release James, Bobby and his friend. Then, we see more about other character's life. Their secrets, personal lives, their relations with each other.

There are funny moments again in this episode: the scene where Cooper learns about Truman and Ms. Packard, and their facial expression when they learn they drank coffee with a fish in it!

The thing I love about this show is that, there is a interesting person everywhere. Twin Peaks is a really interesting and mysterious town. Every character have some mysterious side. Last episode I'm thinking that Doc. Jacoby is a crazy freak, but after this episode, I think he maybe the perpetrator.

One last part about Audrey Horne, her acting is excellent and she is real hot!

My vote is 9/10