"The Twilight Zone" The Monsters Are on Maple Street (TV Episode 2003) Poster

2 ReviewsOrdered By: Helpfulness
In a way more realistic than the original, but still...
Parker Lewis1 October 2016
This is a modern day remake/reboot of The Monsters are due on Maple Street, and one of the first TV dramatic depictions related to 9/11, as this was screened in 2003.

I say it's more realistic in that there's no aliens from outer space mucking around with the electrical grid in their downtime in the flying saucer. Here it's an army unit that has set things up. I wonder what happened to the people in the house that got burned down? I suspect because they were part of the army experiment, they managed to get out the back I guess.

Interestingly, none of the neighbors raised the ethnic issue of the mysterious neighbors if you know what I mean. That would have been incendiary and almost kind of profiling if you know what I'm getting at.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Fair Retelling of the Original
Hitchcoc11 July 2017
I've really enjoyed seeing Titus Welliver in the series "Bosch." It may be the first time in his career that he played a good guy. Here he is the neighborhood villain. A group of neighbors who don't really like each other all that well, are having an association meeting. During the meeting, there is an explosion and suddenly all power goes out. There are no phones, no lights, cars won't start, video games stop working, etc. There are theories galore about terrorists. Also, a new family has moved in. They are secretive and have put up a fence. They become the target. Like Claude Akins in the original there is one sane person and he is shouted down. Welliver takes over and soon there's a mob. It's a more modern approach but it doesn't really touch any new ground.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this