« Prev | 33 of 78 Episodes | Next »

Last episode for Frank Savage, too bad!

Author: mdantonio from New York
21 May 2008

I am 51 years old and vaguely remember watching some episodes when I was a child. Now I have watched the first season on American Life TV (Time Warner NYC).I have missed a few episodes but overall the first season was excellent and Savage was an important character played well by the actor. He was very believable; tough, by the book but caring and compassionate too. Sad to see him go in this first episode of the second season that I saw last night. I feel that the network executives made a mistake cutting him out but I will continue to watch it and see if I am right. Does anyone know if the Germans really did use restore B-17's to get into our formations and wreak havoc?

Seen 47 years ago!

Author: Dixon Cannon from United States
13 June 2012

I had a rare privilege tonight. I had the opportunity to view the Twelve O'clock High episode 1 of Season 2. I first saw this in September 1965 when I was eleven years old. In this episode, the first without star Robert Lansing as B/G Frank Savage (he is killed off, having chosen to leave the show), Lt. Col. Joe Gallagher (Paul Burke) earns his full bird and the command of the 918th B/G as the new star of the show. In this episode Gallagher cements his relationship with his F/E T/Sgt. Sandy Kaminski (Chris Robinson) who becomes the permanent top turret gunner on the 'Piccadilly Lilly' (Boeing B-17F). It was like reliving a day of my youth. That show was the genesis of my interest in aviation and war bird in particular. Outstanding!