IMDb > "Taggart" Knife Edge (1986) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Taggart" Knife Edge (1986)

« Prev | 4 of 110 Episodes | Next »

Possibly the best episode of vintage Taggart.

Author: bethwilliam from Port Stephens, Australia
14 March 2006

A truck driver stops beside a busy road and discovers a severed arm. The following day a fisherman finds a leg and it looks like a murderer is disposing of his victim one piece at a time. Thus begins possibly the best episode of Taggart starring Mark McManus.

This is the fourth episode in the series and the story line continues to develop the characters that have become familiar to us. We learn why Jean Taggart is in a wheel chair and discover that Jim Taggart is starting to question his future in the marriage. We also see the seeds of discontent which lead to Detective Peter Livingston eventually leaving the series.

Alex Norton gives a brilliant performance as the primary suspect while Corrine Harris shines as the love interest.

Taggart is not formula TV. The writing is clever, the story lines are complex and will keep you guessing right to the end. But perhaps the reason I enjoyed this episode more than others is the way in which Glasgow is put on display. The camera work throughout this episode is brilliant.