IMDb > "Superman" The Late Mr. Kent (1997) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Superman" The Late Mr. Kent (1997)

« Prev | 35 of 54 Episodes | Next »

One of Superman's better episodes

Author: overtheedge27 from Atlanta, GA
17 April 2009

Clark Kent interviews a man named Walker who is about to be executed in a few days for murdering a woman and stealing her necklace. During the interview, Clark (being something of a walking lie-detector) begins to have his doubts on whether Walker is actually guilty. He begins to investigate the case and ultimately finds evidence that could clear Walker, but unaware to him, before he drove off to the mayor's office with the evidence, his car had been planted with a bomb. Superman now has to deal with the dilemma of everyone believing his alter ego to be dead, and even worse, with the evidence clearing Walker being destroyed in the explosion, he now has to find a way to prove Walker's innocence before he's killed, even if it jeopardizes his identity.

This episode is one of the many reasons why I love Bruce Timm's adaptation of Superman. We get to see Superman use his brain as well as his muscle, Luthor is no where to be seen (don't get me wrong, he's a great villain, just a little overused), with the moment where a teary-eyed Lois, who always seemed more interested in Superman, reveals that she had feelings for Clark, or Superman commenting on how he needed to be Clark Kent or he'd go crazy, and a bone-chilling ending which I dare not give away. You'll just have to see it for yourself.

Incredible

Author: bloodzeil from House Springs, Missouri
7 June 2012

What a phenomenal episode of Superman. You see Superman actually having trouble being shot by a high powered machine gun, you see a conflict in his secret identity, you see a glimpse at the feelings Lois has for Clark Kent and not just The Man of Steel. Wow, wow, wow, I wish people who don't find Superman interesting would specifically watch this episode. Wow. It really strays away from the common clichés of Superman, and the comic clichés of a superhero in general. For once a character dies! Of course it is not on screen, but it is heavily apparent. And the ending, wow what an amazing ending, gave me chills and I guarantee any Superman fan will get them too. By far my favorite episode so far.