IMDb > "Smallville" Tomb (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

« Prev | 103 of 217 Episodes | Next »

The Ghost in the Wall

Author: Claudio Carvalho from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
2 July 2007

During a power break, Chloe sees the ghost of a girl and cuts her both wrists. She is interned in the hospital, and the psychiatrist diagnoses that she had a breakdown due to stress. Lana asks Lex to send Chloe to a mental institution since nobody believes her. However, Clark brings his friend to Lois's place, where Chloe is possessed by a spirit of the dead girl called Gretchen and shows Clark the place where the skeleton is hidden in the Talon's wall. Chloe leaves the apartment alone seeking revenge against the killer, while the deranged orderly Michael Westmore kidnaps Lois. Meanwhile, Clark researches for information about the death of Gretchen in old newspapers.

In "Tomb", a secret about the mother of Chloe is disclosed. Clark and Lana are more distant, thinking individually without sharing their feelings, and their relationship seems to have ended. My vote is seven.

Title (Brazil): "Túmulo" ("Tomb")

A slow episode that hardly picks up

Author: Rcwilkinson123 from United States
21 April 2008

Chloe is seeing through the eyes of a girl that has already passed away in an episode that compared to normal Smallville standards has a lot of weak points.

Chloe cuts both of her wrists, and her cousin Lois as well as Clark are worried. With his powers, Clark is able to realize that Chloe is in fact not crazy when she claims that she is seeing dead beings. He must help her shed this ghostly possession.

This episode is what the writers call a "filler" episode, a stand-alone tale from the rest of the season that doesn't contribute to the season's overall story arc or multiple story arcs. The writer of this episode, Steven DeKnight, even admitted that this was somewhat of a boring episode.

Tomb

Author: minichloe34 from United States
7 March 2006

***Warning-This episode is very graphic. Also, this comment contains spoilers*** Much like "Truth" and "Delete" someone is yet again trying to kill Chloe Sullivan (Allison Mack). But this time, it is indirectly. When she takes the time to go and hang out with her cousin, Lois (Erica Durance), at the Talon, she ends up just being caught in a storm that causes her to end her so-called "relaxing" shower. Annoyed, she goes to light a candle and suddenly feels that leery feeling that someone is watching her. Just shrugging it off, she goes to dry her hair in the mirror where she is met by a girl the only says "Help me" with cuts on her wrists that, by the looks of her, where her cause of death. Suddenly, we see Lois who, when hearing her cousin screaming, goes to see what's wrong. She walks in and sees the very noticeably scared Chloe saying "Help me" with bloody wrists. After being taken to the hospital, she is pronounced insane but her doctors look to genetics for this answer. Lois, completely oblivious, says that there is no one that could have passed this onto her. But alas, we know the truth that apparently no one has told Lois. Chloe's mother left when she was 8 (or 12, Chloe doesn't seem to remember considering she keeps changing the years)and admitted to a mental health center. We are lead to believe that Chloe is indeed following in her mothers sidetracked tracks, like when we see her having to be tranquilized when Lana visits and Chloe sees bloody footsteps leading into her hospital room's bathroom, but we find out differently when Clark (Tom Welling) kidnaps her from the Belle Reeve institute's waiting list and sees that Chloe has a point. Even though it may seem as though she has the X-ray vision, she tells Clark that there is a body stuffed into the Talon walls. Assuming that this is a paranoid delusion, he just goes with the flow and, come to find out, it's true. When Clark leaves for a minute, Chloe, with the help of a Kryptonite bracelet, is inhabited by the spirit of the girl that originally sent her on this scary journey and goes to the house of the man that killed her (the spirit). In a surprising turn of events, that man is none other than the man that helps Chloe at the hospital, Michael the orderly. When she tries to give him a taste of his own medicine, she hears a familiar voice to Chloe, Lois. Following the voice, she goes to the basement where she tries, and fails, to free the future Mrs. Kent. Michael attacks from behind and reveals the truth about Chloe's mom to Lois in the process. With a little tale of torture and trickery, both girl's lives hang in the balance until, predictably, Clark Kent comes to save the day. He gets crippled by the Kryptonite and Chloe frees her hand to put the spirit into the man that made it just a spirit. For a change of events, Chloe and Lois make the count Killer: 0 Girls: 1, by killing Michael and getting the spirit the revenge it wants. Cleverly, Alfred Gough and Miles Miller leave us with the yet-to-be-matched ending of Chloe actually visiting her mom. The problem? We don't get to see her face. One last twist to make us wait about nine episodes to see what happens. But that's why we love Smallville.