IMDb > "Smallville" Ryan (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

« Prev | 30 of 217 Episodes | Next »

A Beautiful Tale of Friendship and Loyalty

Author: Claudio Carvalho from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
23 April 2006

Clark Kent receives a desperate call from Ryan James (Ryan Kelley, from the episode "Stray") telling him that he is the subject of an experiment in a hospital. Clark rescues him, but is accused of abduction of a child by Ryan's tutor, Dr. Garner (Martin Cummins), being saved by Lex Luthor's attorneys. Ryan has a brain tumor and Clark uses his best efforts trying to save Ryan. Meanwhile, Lana Lang is informed by Nell that they will move to Metropolis with Dean. The corrupt Major Tate (William B. Davis) of Smallville asks for bribe to approve the expansion of Luthor's plant.

I liked a lot this episode, which is a beautiful tale of friendship and loyalty. The touching conclusion is very honest and never corny. It is sad to see how the behavior of politics is very similar, no matter in a First or Third World country, being most of them very dirty and corrupt. My vote is ten.

Title (Brazil): "O Retorno de Ryan" ("The Return of Ryan")

A Bird, A Plane... Not a Healer

Author: Rcwilkinson123 from United States
17 September 2007

The most interesting aspect from this episode is that Clark learns that despite his many abilities, he cannot save everyone. Yet this is a fact that is difficult for Clark to swallow, especially when his loss was a boy who was as close to him as a good brother.

This brother is Ryan, seen in the first episode, where Clark and Ryan became very close. When he was taken to supposedly be adopted by better parents, he in fact was taken to a research laboratory for people affected by the mysterious substances in the meteors of 1989. Ryan escapes from the lab, but his death is inevitable, even under the protection of Clark and the Kents, due to a brain tumor. What would be even more maddening to Clark, if he only knew, was that the lab was a function of LuthorCorp, proving yet another corrupt operation under the company.

Another draw to this episode was the score. The music was very well-handled for the mood of the story.

smallville season 2 episode 8 -Ryan

Author: blackwebwidow from Egypt
24 August 2006

I would like to know the songs played on this episode 8 season 2 -Ryan where they two guys were playing the guitar, its a song I love and i would like to know who sang it, and played it on this episode.

I appreciate this so much.

I like smallville so much is one of my favorite, and i always seek its music or soundtracks played in it.

each one contains terrific music.This episode showed how much value friendship is and many other value.

I've been searching for it for a long time , I hope i get an answer, Thank you so much.