IMDb > "Smallville" Exile (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

« Prev | 46 of 217 Episodes | Next »

New Life Style

Author: Claudio Carvalho from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
1 May 2006

In Metropolis, three months later, Clark Kent becomes a criminal, heisting banks and going to night-clubs. Meanwhile, Lex Luthor is declared dead, but he is living with the weird Louis Leery Jr. (Ryan Robbins) in an isolated island. Dr. Helen Bryce comes to his funeral and meets Lionel Luthor in the mansion, when secrets are disclosed. Lana Lang and Jonathan Kent try to bring Clark back to Smalville.

The criminal life of Clark Kent, robbing banks and dealing with criminals, probably will have consequences. The plot of the black widow Dr. Helen Bryce is the greatest surprise of this episode. My vote is nine.

Title (Brazil): "Exílio" ("Exile")

Parallel Situations amongst Protagonists

Author: Rcwilkinson123 from United States
16 October 2007

Clark and Lex find themselves in similar, yet different, predicaments in this excellent premiere of Season 3.

Both Clark and Lex are alone, one way or another: Clark internally, and Lex in reality. Clark doesn't know who he really is, and he doesn't want to know. He has fled the burden of his purpose on Earth and turned away his intuitions, with the help of the red stone, to cause plenty of trouble in Metropolis. Meanwhile, Lex really is alone. He has been betrayed by his new bride Helen Bryce, who seeks after Lex's immense wealth. Stranded on an island, at least he finds a friend. Or so he thinks.

This episode is great because of various reasons: it continues Clark's internal struggle, in features Metropolis for the second time in the series, and it does not wrap up by the end, unlike most "Smallville" episodes. This is simply Part 1 to a surprising and shocking second episode.

Red Krytonite

Author: Marlene Anna from United Kingdom
17 June 2016

I always did love Clark when he had some red krytonite in him. It made him have a backbone & not be as soft as he usually is, but I love him just the same badass or no bad ass.

This time around Lana & Chloe are not as annoying to me. I guess because I have seen the show all the way to the end & I loved how everything worked out.

So crazy how the deal that Jonathan Kent made with Jo-El sealed his fate... I know Clark looks back on his rebellious teenage years & regrets the decision he made this episode.

Also, this episode started Lex's transformation into the dark psychopath he will eventually become.