IMDb > "Six Feet Under" Perfect Circles (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Six Feet Under" Perfect Circles (2003)

« Prev | 27 of 63 Episodes | Next »

What A Long Strange Trip It's Been ......

Author: jmmjg from United States
28 January 2009

As a newcomer to "Six Feet Under" ( I began watching the series in the fall of 2008 ), I have grown accustomed to the idiosyncrasies and quirks of the show and look forward to watching the beginning to see the "who's", "what's", "where's", "why's" and "how's" of the fatality of the week.

I actually gasped when I watched the season 3 premiere to see the opening death scene was Nate Fisher. Seeing his full name along with his birth and death year in the white background was certainly a strange sight to behold. After catching my breath and smacking myself silly, I realized he can't really die. I know the show lasted for 5 seasons and he was apart of the entire run of the show. ( That's all I really know ).

It was fascinating watching Nate strolling through the different areas of the funeral home seeing the alternative realities of his life ( Please forgive the following Sci/Fi reference ). It was reminiscent of '2001-A Space Odyessy' when David Bowman was appearing in different rooms and seeing himself progressing into an old man.

Then you have Nate's, not entirely surprising, run-in with his deceased father. This is the same father, who never seems to be able to give Nate a simple straight forward answer about anything even when it comes to the question "Am I really dead?". In the end, all Nate had to do was open his own coffin to find out. ( It makes you wonder how Nate's father would've handled David Bowman ? ) After the beginning, the rest of the episode was just "ok" ... but ... it certainly sent our cast of characters into challenging and uncertain directions. I look forward to watching the rest of this season and the remaining two seasons.

Things That May Happen

Author: Claudio Carvalho from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
28 October 2006

While being submitted to the emergency cranial surgery, Nate has a bleed and foresees different possibilities of his life, inclusive his death and the funeral service at "Fisher & Diaz". Seven months later, he is living with Lisa and Maya. Keith and David are having sessions with a couple's counselor, trying to find a middle term between Keith's anger and David's submission. Claire is painting and has one night stand with a rock and roll guitar player of a garage band.

I did not like this episode. My first frustration was when I saw the name "Nathaniel Samuel Fisher, Jr." written in white in the beginning of the episode. I thought how could "Six Feet Under" work without Nate? Then, there is an ellipsis and seven months later Nate is having a conventional middle-class life with Lisa and the baby, and this image does not fit to him. The most interesting part of this episode is the troubled relationship of Keith and David and their seeking for the solution. I miss Brenda, my favorite character of this great show. My vote is six.

Title (Brazil): "Círculos Perfeitos" ("Perfect Cicles")