"Six Feet Under" In the Game (TV Episode 2002) Poster

(TV Series)

(2002)

2 ReviewsOrdered By: Helpfulness
God have mercy. God have mercy. God have mercy.
cloistermouse19 January 2007
This struck me as one of the most entertaining episodes of Six Feet Under, right from the slasher movie beginning followed by the event which actually provided business for the Fishers (in a rather parsimonious way from the late actress's colleagues).

Nicolai saying grace at the dining table in his heartfelt way was funny and moving, and this was followed by Nate's even more hilarious ecstasy trip.

A great start to the second series of Six Feet Under. It was the only show with a soap opera format that I can really say I liked, with its characterisation and its postmodern supernatural elements.
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Life Goes On
Claudio Carvalho15 September 2006
When the B-movies actress Rebecca Leah Milford, artistically known as Becky Maxwell (Alexandra Holden), dies of overdose of cocaine, her boyfriend Brody Farrell (Shawn Hatosy) and the cast and crew of her last movie hire the funeral services with David Fischer, who is blind dating a fireman, and Federico Diaz. Meanwhile, Brenda Chenowith and Nate Fischer, and Claire and Gabe are having troubled relationships; David finds he has sexual disease and his mother Ruth (Frances Conroy) is trying to learn how to deal with the gay situation of her son.

"In the Game" is a reasonable show of "Six Feet Under", where actually there is no special situation with the Fischer family. The darkest side of this episode is the sick last situation, when Becky ashes are sniffed by her boy-friend and friends. My vote is seven.

Title (Brazil): "Entrando no Jogo" ("Entering in the Game")
6 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this