IMDb > "The Simpsons" The Regina Monologues (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Simpsons" The Regina Monologues (2003)

« Prev | 317 of 618 Episodes | Next »

My Personal Favourite Vacation episode,

Author: Dillon Harris from Ireland
26 January 2016

The Regina Monologues is a terrific Simpsons episode with a very well written storyline and plenty of very funny scenes. It's a really enjoyable twenty minutes as we get to see the Simpsons vacation in England, hilarity ensues as it is filled with many funny references to the one of the most well known countries that majority of viewers should understand, as well as terrific cameos from the likes of Tony Blair, J.K. Rowling, as well as my favourite scene that features the great Ian McKellen. The only thing I felt this episode was missing was a bit more heart, it forgets this as it gets too distracted by its zany, fast pace, it could have focused more on Grampa's lost love, the reason they went to England in the first place, but sadly this is quickly forgotten and only wrapped up slightly at the end. It's probably one of the most exciting Simpsons, it's very fast paced and never really takes time to cool down, once Homer gets in trouble with the Queen the fun really starts and we're reminded just how risky and different this episode really is. I never tire of it, The Regina Monologues is without a doubt one of the highlights of the fifteenth season, a very enjoyable Simpsons.

The Simpsons decide to travel to England to help Grampa search for a woman he met during the war, but Homer soon gets himself in huge legal troubles.

Very, very weak tea

Author: bazmitch23 from Co, Derry, Northern Ireland
20 June 2015

As an Irishman, it's my duty to take the mick out of the English, and Americans do the same.

But I felt bored by the episode.

Only a few actual English people did the voices and they're not actors (with the exception of Sir Ian and Jane Leeves).

The jokes are all yawn-worthy stereotypes that have been done to death, the accents are horrible (they sound more Aussie than the actual Aussie episode) and the joke where Sir Ian kept getting struck by lightening was just plain stupid and very un-Simpson like.

And the third act where Homer is imprisoned in the tower of London was just dull.

This episode is like a cup of tea that you forgot you made half and hour earlier and you decide to finish it. But you drink it, and it has gone all cold. So you pour it down the sink.