IMDb > "The Simpsons" The Front (1993) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Simpsons" The Front (1993)

« Prev | 78 of 581 Episodes | Next »

Homer in school and Bart and Lisa writing Itchy and Scratchy? Yes!

Author: athomed from United States
8 January 2012

In this episode we learn that Homer never completed high school. He has one more course left to take. Meanwhile, Bart and Lisa, discouraged by bad episodes of Itchy and Scratchy, begin writing the episodes themselves under Grandpa Simpson's name.

A good deal of the show's writer were Harvard graduates. There are multiple Harvard jokes in this episode. You can just imagine how these writers were jabbing themselves back and forth while writing this episode.

Grandpa Simpson and Krusty are great in this episode, while Homer's plunger may top them all. Then there's the fact that this is a nice Bart and Lisa adventure story.

Abraham Simpson: The Award Winner!

Author: g-bodyl from United States
9 January 2015

This is the nineteenth episode of the fourth season of the Simpsons. I thought it was a pretty clever episode as well as humorous. I really loved Grampa's take on cartoon violence. I loved the inside jokes about the award shows, even though I find them fun to watch. An excellent episode mainly due to the fact this has Bart and Lisa working together.

In this episode, "The Front," after a lackluster Itchy and Scratchy show, Bart and Lisa decide to send in a script. After being tossed away, they get Grampa to send in a script to excellent results, thus getting Grampa a nomination. Meanwhile, Homer and Marge attend their high school reunion where it's been found out that Homer did not graduate because he failed remedial science.

Overall, this is a solid episode that features many good moments. Homer failing science is actually something that I can relate with. A good show with good jokes and good morals. And finally, I loved that ending clip with Ned Flanders. I rate this episode 9/10.