IMDb > "The Simpsons" Take My Wife, Sleaze (1999) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Simpsons" Take My Wife, Sleaze (1999)

« Prev | 234 of 621 Episodes | Next »

Homer starts a biker gang,what more do I need to say?

Author: Sandcooler from Belgium
30 August 2007

Some people just live to complain about things, by lack of a use. Apparently, this episode is bad because Marge throwing around motorcycles is like, so unrealistic. A cartoon can't have that. Isn't the whole point of the joke how unrealistic it is? Seriously, that's the whole thing behind it, and it's hilarious. That's the life of a television writer, all they have to console themselves are the tuns and tuns of cash. You slave to entertain people and you come up with jokes far far above average sitcom standards, and then suddenly you have people with no life saying that one particular joke is not very realistic. Get a girlfriend. Season 11 of "The Simpsons" rocked, and the show didn't sink like a brick until at least two seasons later. Best scene: Bart teaching Homer to ride by using training wheels. That's just good stuff.

Bad

Author: Matt Groening from United States
8 February 2015

How is this episode above a 7.0? We all get it's a cartoon, but a cartoon should also be funny. There was almost no witty humor in this episode that was present in the earlier seasons or even some of the earlier episodes in Season 11. Also, the plot of the episode itself is just plain stupid even for a Simpsons episode. I don't even care about the dancing and the violation of physics. That's what cartoons are for. But all we see in this episode are cheap jokes and laughs. What part of Bart teaching Homer how to ride a bike is funny? The part where Homer throws the bike up and down onto the roof? Or the part where Bart was just laughing at Homer because he didn't know how to ride a bike continuously for three or more scenes even though he is a 4th grader? Was that really the highlight of the episode for you? If it is, then your sense of humor must be pretty shallow because this episode is one of the turning points for the Simpsons as a witty comedy yet family- friendly cartoon into a stupid comedy but family-friendly cartoon.