IMDb > "The Simpsons" Stark Raving Dad (1991) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Simpsons" Stark Raving Dad (1991)

« Prev | 36 of 591 Episodes | Next »

"I'm Michael Jackson from the Jacksons" "I'm Homer Simpson from the Simpsons"

Author: RainDogJr from Mexico City
27 April 2009

Yesterday I finished watching Season 1 of "The Wire" and in one of the episodes Homicide Detective Jimmy McNulty makes fun of the fact that his friend Detective Bunk is wearing at work a pink shirt. In this Simpsons episode there's this joke of Homer going to work to the Nuclear Plant wearing a pink shirt not because he wanted to wear a pink shirt like Detective Bunk but because he didn't have an option since and thanks to Bart all of his white shirts became pink shirts. And is a very funny start of Season 3 (this episode, STARK RAVING DAD, originally aired on 19 September 1991) and this joke will take Homer to a mental institution where he will meet not only Chief (from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest) but also Michael Jackson. Is hilarious since Homer doesn't know who is Michael Jackson! And because of that Homer is not surprised or anything of the fact that the man who claims to be Michael Jackson is a fat, bald and white man (and no I'm not describing Homer). This one is a very funny episode if not the best of Season 3; it has the really nice moment with Michael and Bart singing for Lisa, parts of Ben and Billie Jean and Homer doing the moonwalk (hilarious part). 8.5 out of 10

"I'm not a dentist"

An Excellent Start to the Third Season!

Author: g-bodyl from United States
1 August 2014

This is the first episode of the third season of the Simpsons and after a lackluster finale to the second season, the third season is starting off very strong. This episode is funny and actually musical-based. We get a guest talent from the late Michael Jackson who actually sings an original song here. Plus we get good cultural references and I was reminded of one of the great films of 1975, One Who Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

In this episode, "Stark-Raving Dad," Bart mixes his red hat in the laundry thus making Homer's shirt white. When he goes into work with the pink shirt, Mr. Burns declares him a "free-thinking anarchist," and sends him to a mental institution. There he meets this guy who claims to be Michael Jackson and together they forge a friendship.

Overall, this is an excellent episode and actually is really touching. Michael's song is a really good song and it's a shame the Simpsons tried to keep his guest appearance quiet. I rate this episode 9/10.

I knew it Was Michael

Author: XrenegadeZ from United Kingdom
15 February 2006

This Episode of the Simpsons is by far the sweetest and most touching of all the series. The Simpsons have brought a mysterious character into this particular episode who appears to be a Fat guy in prison. But he seemed too warm and kindhearted to be in Jail. I wont go any further so as not to spoil the show when you watch it. The Simpsons have tried to keep this character a secret, but it was no secret when i checked out IMDb for this particular episode.

The very first time i heard the voice of the fat guy in this episode, i knew that voice was familiar and that it was Michael's. It was difficult to prove it was his voice after the credits ran and didn't show his name. But, looking through Michael's profile on IMDb, I solved a great Mystery that has had me wondering, Who has such a voice and yet is not Popular in the music business ...

Michael Jackson's episode is certainly best the episode of The Simpsons

Author: Irma Grayson from Ireland
10 August 2015

As a huge Michael Jackson fan since I was a little girl, It's hard for me not to be biased. This episode with Nichael Jackson is one of the best episodes of this series, and the best episode for me. It's very refreshing, original,funny and glorious episode. I love every single reference that was made in the episode about Michael. The episode is the maximum expression of ingenuity. Beautifully written, the jokes are funny and smart. You fell in love with Michael's role, and it's such a honor to me as MJ fan and TS fan, to see that Brat was too a fan of MJ .

Of course I knew it was Michael all along. Michael has unique voice. To add, that the first season always will be the best.Miss those times.

Michael couldn't fool me

Author: hot_in_pink_hate_red from Canada
11 September 2010

When I first saw that memorable episode of the Simpsons many years ago. I just knew that it was Michael. The accent and the kind and gentle voice COULDN'T be that of an impersonator. When the episode ended, I was shocked and sadden to see that his name wasn't their. BUT I still had the feeling that it WAS him that did the voice. Every time that episode came up time and time again; I still felt sadden that it wasn't he same one. I still love the episode and I know that other MJ fans did too. Still, seeing that APPARENTLY it wasn't him that did the voice of the fat guy was disappointing to me. But thanks to, I found out the true!