IMDb > "The Simpsons" Simpson Tide (1998) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Simpsons" Simpson Tide (1998)

« Prev | 197 of 602 Episodes | Next »

"I'm a man of few words, any questions?"

Author: pageiv from Flint, MI
3 December 2008

This episode is quite easy to explain, the cast of Springfield happen to get called up in the Naval Reserves and viola, they are in "Hunt for Red October." Trust me it's funnier than it sounds.

This episode is brilliant, as a military man, and fan of HfRO it ranks close to the top of my list of all time favorite episodes. The number of memorable quotes is too high to count, some of the best parts fall after the US government believes Homer has shanghaied the USS Springfield and is bound to turn it over to the Ruskies. "I told dad that picture would come back to haunt him."

This season contained many great and "classic" episodes. It makes one wonder why the following few years fall so short when comparing the them.

One of the worst of Season 9

Author: Mike7075 from United States
24 July 2007

In my opinion, "Simpson Tide" is one of the worst episodes of Season 9, preceded only by the clip show, "All Singing, All Dancing." The episode starts off well with Homer's dream and zany antics, but quickly goes downhill when Joshua Sternin and Jeffrey Ventimilia rely strictly on parody for cheap laughs...this could be why they've only been involved with two Simpson's episodes. I do enjoy the gag with Russia converting back to the Soviet Union, but most of the last 3/4 of the episode I do not care for. I think what bothers me the most is Michael Carrington as the drill sergeant. The voice does not sound like a drill sergeant and sounds annoyingly out of place.