IMDb > "The Simpsons" Missionary: Impossible (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Simpsons" Missionary: Impossible (2000)

« Prev | 241 of 619 Episodes | Next »

If only there was a "Part 2" to this episode!

Author: Theraxorterminate from Sweden
17 January 2013

But alas the writers didn't even bother to give a part 2! Although there were a few good jokes but they won't save the whole episode. Season 11 is probably the worst season of the Simpsons and they give us a lot of bad episodes on the season. I love the Simpsons but yet some great shows might have some trouble too. For example this episode itself is a thief for giving us a horrible and pathetic ending.

I remember when I saw this episode for the time and I was really mad that the Simpsons didn't give a continuation to this episode. If only they gave a part 2 I would appreciate it better! It's a good thing the Simpsons didn't create more episodes like this.

Is this episode recommended? Not at all! It's a waste of time episode.

Curse you Mike Scully!

Author: Philip_Cheesesteak from United States
16 September 2006

This is one of the most pathetic Simpsons episodes ever created. Its completely out-of-character beginning, the poorly created plot-line, and it's shameful ending show what every sitcom should try to avoid. I mean, the entire PBS network after Homer? What is happening to the Simpsons? The entire concept of Homer forced into becoming a missionary was awfully executed, with little to no laugh-out-loud moments and an overall lack of effort from the writers and producers. Most episodes have a few redeeming factors among them, but this one didn't! The writers could've have at least made it funny so it wouldn't be a total waste of 23 minutes, but no, they chose to accept this atrociously written piece of crud. Honestly, this makes Family Guy look good!