IMDb > "The Simpsons" Marge Gets a Job (1992) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Simpsons" Marge Gets a Job (1992)

« Prev | 66 of 614 Episodes | Next »

Marge and Homer Are........Co-Workers!

Author: g-bodyl from United States
3 January 2015

This is the seventh episode of the fourth season of the Simpsons and in my opinion, it may be the weakest episode this season to date, but only by a hair. It just doesn't seem the storyline is as strong as the previous episode. However, I did like the reference to the "boy who cried wolf," legend and how the episode took a literal meaning to that myth.

In this episode, "Marge Gets a Job," the Simpsons house has foundation issues which requires money that they don't have. Marge decides to work at the power plant, where she becomes a victim of sexual harassment by Mr. Burns. Meanwhile, in order to fake out from taking exams, Bart decides to fake sickness. But on the third try, that faking may actually become reality.

Overall, this is solid episode on the whole. I loved the subplot involving Bart. But the main plot with Marge isn't as strong. It just shows how much of a creep Mr. Burns is. I did love the cameo by Tom Jones though. I rate this episode 8/10.

Homer and Marge working together at the Power Plant? Blame it on Tibor

Author: athomed from United States
5 January 2012

This episode is about the Simpson family house having foundation problems. Marge gets a job at the Power Plant to pay for the necessary repairs. Things get complicated when Mr. Burns becomes obsessed with her.

There are a lot of things to like about this episode. Both Troy McClure and Lionel Hutz make an appearance. Tom Jones is one of the greatest musical guest stars they've had on the show, and was supposedly a joy to work with. This is also a great Mr. Burns episode. Groundskeeper Willie has a very funny part as well.

Season 4 has great episode after great episode. This is certainly one of them.