IMDb > "The Simpsons" Marge Be Not Proud (1995) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Simpsons" Marge Be Not Proud (1995)

« Prev | 139 of 619 Episodes | Next »

It's a Christmas Episode!

Author: I_Am_The_Taylrus from Minnesota
2 December 2006

SPOILERS

As you know, I'm commenting on only Holiday movies until the end of the year. Yes, I commented on the Wizard of Oz, but I'm back to commenting on Holiday movies. Anyway, this is a very, very touching Simpson Christmas episode. This is the second Christmas episode. It's a great Marge and Bart episode. It's actually one of the few Marge and Bart episodes. It is a fantastic episode and very touching, and it's like that until the very end with the putting video game.

There is a new super cool video game out called Bonestorm and Bart wants it. After some bullies say that shoplifting is cool, Bart shoplifts the game. He is caught by a security guard. He leaves a message on the Simpson phone that says Bart tried to shoplift the video game. He also tells Bart that if he ever comes into his store again he will be arrested. Unluckily for Bart, the family is getting Christmas photos at the store. When he gets his photo taken, he is yanked off by the security guard. Marge doubts that Bart shoplifted, then she is heartbroken when she sees a surveillance tape. She stops trusting Bart and leaving Bart out of activities. Then Bart goes back into the store and gets his photo taken again. He gives it to Marge. She is very happy and she gives Bart a video game. It's a golf game. The episode ends with Bart playing the golf game.

Overall, this is a fantastic touching episode. It is a great and very rare Marge and Bart episode. Although, it starts out as a Bart episode, it quickly turns into a Marge and Bart episode. The only problem I have about this episode is that it's a little cheesy and corny at times. The music in this episode is fantastic and sad. Also, the very end is so very funny. This is a great Christmas episode of the Simpsons.

This Simpsons episode changed my life!

Author: zombiefan89 from United States
30 December 2014

One of the Simpson's Christmas specials. It has a very potent anti-shoplifting message. It shows heavy effect it has on the family of shoplifter. I especially loved how defensive the parents were against the security guard's accusations of Bart's theft. It was very realistic. It made me wonder why the security guard didn't catch the others boys. He was clearly watching the cameras, since he caught Bart right away. Their flaunting of their stolen goods was what prompted Bart to steal in the first place. I saw this episode when I was six years old. It's powerful message stuck with me for over twenty years. This episode is one of the reasons I have never shoplifted. That and my integrity is worth more than anything that I can fit in my pocket via stealing. I recently re-watched it, and I have to say the story and animation has held up very well.

One of the more poignant "Simpson" episodes

Author: Salazar from New Zealand
15 July 2008

"Marge Be Not Proud" is one of the more bittersweet but very heartfelt episodes from "The Simpsons".

A mixture of comedy, melancholy and Christmas, this episode is about Bart wanting to play an ultra cool video game called "Bonestorm". When the Comic Book Guy runs out of copies to rent and Milhouse won't let him play his one, Bart resorts to shoplifting, but is caught red handed by the store's detective, Don Brodka. Brodka leaves a message on the Simpsons' answering machine and warns Bart that if he ever steps foot into the store again, he will spend Christmas in Juvenille Hall. Bart makes a mad dash for home and quickly changes the tape with a comedy tape. Unfortunately, the Simpson family go to the Try-N'-Save store for a Christmas family photo and Bart is caught again by Brodka. Marge and Homer don't believe Brodka at first but then he shows them a tape of Bart shoplifting. Marge is crushed when she sees Bart's actions and wonders if its because she babied him too much. She then starts to treat Bart like an adult, making Bart feel even worse than he is.

This is definitely one of the more sadder episodes of "The Simpsons", but it has a heart and has a sweet and funny uplifting ending. Out of all of the Marge & Bart episodes, "Marge Be Not Proud" is the best of the lot.

A full 10/10 from me.