"The Simpsons" Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass (2005)

« Prev | 343 of 635 Episodes | Next »

Perfectly fine Simpsons episode

Author: studioAT from United Kingdom
7 February 2017

Perfectly fine. That's how I'd describe this episode of 'The Simpsons' from the shows 16th season.

The plot is similar to 'Dancin' Homer' way back in Season 2, only with much broader and sillier laughs. Whereas before the show would go for the quality joke, here it goes for low hanging fruit every time. It's also very, very much on Homer's head in terms of where the humour comes from.

There are some nice sweetly idiotic laughs to be found here, but this is an episode that passed without me laughing out loud once.

Even at this stage of its run 'The Simpsons' is capable of better quality than this.

Deserving of More Than a Pathetic 3

Author: SimpsonsFan'94
7 November 2017

This Simpsons episode is a bit silly. The story-line get's a bit silly and the humour is a bit silly, but silly humour is just as valid a form as any other I think and I certainly laughed out loud a few times throughout this episode enough to overlook or forget a couple of the more "cringey" moments.

It's not a classic by any means but it's a good episode. It provides some good laughs and keeps you watching which is why I give it a solid eight.