IMDb > "The Simpsons" Faith Off (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Simpsons" Faith Off (2000)

« Prev | 237 of 625 Episodes | Next »

So so Simpsons

Author: studioAT from United Kingdom
23 July 2017

This is one of those mildly amusing Simpson episodes that offers a few easy laughs without ever being hilarious.

The show certainly has come a long way since the start, with the realism being replaced by...well, normal cartoon jokes such as Homer getting it in the eye with a drill.

It's a shame because the show could/still can be so much more than that, but this is the standard of the show at this point.

I think I'm starting to get why people say that the show declined after series 10.

Enjoyable, albeit Straight Forward,

Author: Dillon Harris from Ireland
17 November 2015

Faith Off is a great Simpsons episode with a well written storyline and plenty of very funny scenes. It's a enjoyable episode that we get two very fun stories out of, such as Homer dealing with his life now that he has a bucket stuck on his head, followed by Bart discovering he has amazing healing powers. The episode takes forever to get to the main plot, which would be my biggest issue, though I liked Homer's parts at the beginning, it went on for two long and because of that the main plot ended up feeling very rushed and underdeveloped, it also tended to be too straight forward, there weren't really any unexpected turns throughout. My favourite moment of the episode had to be the musical number, certainly one of the longest ones they've ever had on the show, it's catchy, upbeat and very funny, always a pleasure to listen to. It's not a highlight for the eleventh season, but Faith Off has plenty of good moments that make it an enjoyable episode.

After solving a problem Homer had, Bart and the rest of Springfield are convinced he has healing powers.