IMDb > "The Simpsons" Cape Feare (1993) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"The Simpsons: Cape Feare (#5.2)"

"The Simpsons" Cape Feare (1993)

« Prev | 83 of 602 Episodes | Next »

My Favorite Episode SPOILERS

Author: I_Am_The_Taylrus from Minnesota
11 October 2006

SPOILERS

Cape Feare is my favorite episode of all time. Bart gets ominous letters written in blood. It is revealed to be Sideshow Bob writing because Bart foiled his plan to frame Krusty for armed robbery. The Simpsons move to Terror Lake and changed their name to the Thompsons.

Only Sideshow Bob followed them under the car. After nine hits with a rake he plots his revenge. Bart sees Sideshow Bob under a car and goes to his parents.

In the middle of the night after two scares by Homer, Sideshow Bob comes in Bart's room with a machete. He had tied up the family and Bart goes out the window. Bart foiled Sideshow Bob by making Bob sing the entire score to the H.M.S Penifore. The cops arrest Sideshow Bob and it ends with a woman Grandpa.

Overall, this is my favorite episode. You would not want to miss this episode. It is a classic.

The Most Brilliant Episode in Simpsons History! PERIOD

Author: SimpsonsFan13 from United States
12 December 2008

Cape Feare is my absolute favorite Simpsons episode of all-time. In fact it's one of the first episodes that really got me into watching The Simpsons. This one features my favorite semi- recurring character, Sideshow Bob, voiced most excellently by Kelsey Grammar. This episode had a brilliantly hilarious script, with the kind of dark satire that I love in The Simpsons. The use of the theme music from the movie Cape Fear (or The Sideshow Bob theme as I like to call it) was excellent. This episode contained some of my favorite moments in Simpsons history like the witness protection scene, the rake scene, the butcher knife gag, and my most personal favorite, the HMS Pinafore scene. Overall this is the greatest episode in Simpsons history, but what more could you expect from season 5, one of my favorite seasons of all-time. This episode alone was my reason for buying the season 5 DVD.

Classic Sideshow Bob Episode

Author: freemantle_uk from United Kingdom
8 July 2009

Up until 'Day of the Jackanapes' Sideshow Bob episode have been some of the best Simpsons episodes and Cape Feare is seen as one of best episodes overall by Simpsons fans.

Bart is receiving death threats in the post, causing him to live in fear and stress. It is soon revived that Sideshow Bob had been sending the letter and he had just been released from prison. The Simpson family are placed in the FBI witness protection program, and relocated to Lake Terror. But Sideshow Bob was able to follow the family and wants to exact his bloody revenge on Bart.

Cape Feare is the Simpsons' version of Martin Scorsese's Cape Fear, with many scenes lifted and parodied. It fun to see the Simpsons' twist on that psycho thriller (as well as some other film references). They are top notch jokes, good voice acting, excellent animation and even a good few musical numbers. All key parts of what made the Simpsons successful. A great moment for the Simpsons.

Best Simpsons Episode

Author: tequila101 from Australia
9 August 2010

I love Side Show Bob and I believe that Cape Feare would have to be his best episode by far. The Plots sets out as Sideshow Bob sends Bart Deaths threats and is then released from Prison making another fearful, bloody revenge on Bart. Knowing what Side Show Bob will do next, the FBI decide to change the Simpson's family name and place them into a new location.

I love this episode in many ways and I also think this is Sideshow Bob's creepiest appearance. I think this is a good Simpson's episode because it's not only thriller-like but it also adds up excellent comedy and quality as we see the Bates Motel and Parodies of Halloween, Texas Chainsaw Massacre & Friday the 13th.

This is a chilling, comedic episode and this is an episode that I watch over and over again. 9.6/10

Not only my favourite Sideshow Bob episode, but quite possibly my favourite Simpsons episode

Author: TheLittleSongbird from United Kingdom
17 June 2010

I will say I love the Simpsons, but like a vast majority of people I do prefer the early episodes to the newer episodes. Cape Feare as I have said, and I have to say I completely agree with the other reviewers here, is not only my favourite Sideshow Bob episode but I think it is my favourite Simpsons episode.

For one thing I love the character of Sideshow Bob, he is sinister and funny at the same time, and is just a recurring character I enjoy watching. Kelsey Grammar is perfect as the character, bringing the right touch of the dark comedy and the sinister. The other voice acting is top notch as well, especially Nancy Cartwright as Bart. The animation is superb, very colourful and lively, and the music is wonderful-the jaunty theme tune, Sideshow Bob's theme and of course HMS Pinafore which is my favourite part of the episode.

The story is well-written and interesting, the sight gags are clever and inventive, especially the one with the rake and the dialogue is just hilarious constantly, there are times when Bob actually upstages Homer in the humour department and for me this is one of the most quotable Simpsons episodes. The part I laugh most hysterically at is:

Homer: Hey, kids! Want to drive through that Cactus patch?

Bart: Yeah!

Lisa: Yeah!

Sideshow Bob(who happens to be underneath the car): No!

Homer: Well two against one. (and he drives through the cactus field anyway)

Sideshow Bob: Ow, ow, ow, ow!

Overall, I love this episode, there is so much to recommend it, and it reminds me strongly of the days when The Simpsons was brilliant in alternative to good. 10/10 Bethany Cox

Better than perfect, in fact, compared to this, perfection is crap!

Author: Sideshow Bob from United States
30 October 2014

It's hard to choose what the best part of this episode is. The rakes? The Cactus field? The witness protection program.

My favorite quote of the episode is when when Lisa called Moe:

Look, Moe I know you're behind this. So knock it off! Or we're going to the cops!

OK OK, I'll stop

Alright boys, it's over, let em' out!

*pandas run out of Moe's*

I liked when Bob sung the HMS pinafore, when he got ran over by the elephants, and especially:

Doesn't that say die, Bart, die?

No, that's German for the ,Bart, the.

No man that speaks German can be an evil man!