IMDb > "The Simpsons" Boy Scoutz 'n the Hood (1993) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Simpsons" Boy Scoutz 'n the Hood (1993)

« Prev | 89 of 581 Episodes | Next »

"you saved us! I'm proud you're my father" "go away, eating"

Author: RainDogJr from Mexico City
22 April 2009

This one is a Bart and Homer episode and it begins with them, we see what is happening at the same time in Bart's day and in Homer's day. While for Bart (and Milhouse) the day is not good and seems to be just getting more and more boring Homer's day is getting better since he found under the couch a $20 bill and he realizes that he can get stuff with money but soon, very soon Homer will be again without $20 and now Bart and Milhouse's day will turn to be a lucky day, $20 that came from the sky. So we leave Homer for a moment to see the fun, real fun Broadway style for Bart and Milhouse but the party will be over, consequences for the sugar junkies: hangover, Bart is now a member of the junior campers and Milhouse has a bad word shaved in his hair. So Homer really enjoys the fact that now Bart is part of the campers, Homer certainly enjoys that but Bart will also enjoy since he will find that if you're a camper you can skip school classes and some other stuff. When the campers are planning the father-son river-rafting Bart is not very excited and Homer is like "Bart you don't have a son", so both Homer and Bart have plans, both have their logic and we have one of the greatest scenes of this episode then of Season 5 and by the end of that scene we have both Homr and Bart saying "D' oh".

This one is real vintage Simpsons, for me it is one of the very best of Season 5 and an all- time favourite, so many fantastic moments (the whole trip with Flanders part is just hilarious, it resumes who is Homer!). I'm not really sure how many times exactly I have seen Boy- Scoutz n the Hood (aired on 11/18/93) but surely it is one of the most highly re-watchable episodes ever and now that I'm revisiting Season 5 I saw it after years and certainly I loved it again. And Ernest Borgnine is so memorable!

"Boy Scoutz 'n the Hood" is one of the best due to incorporating real-life situations and an overall man versus nature masterpiece.

Author: Zarbon from Planet Namek
17 June 2011

Bart and Milhouse accidentally join the junior campers… who are led by Ned Flanders. Homer doesn't want to participate in the father-son river-rafting trip, but eventually oblige. This is likely one of the best episodes in season 5. During this father-son rafting trip… Homer botches things up again and Homer, Bart, Flanders, and Flanders' son are stranded in the middle of the ocean… with barely any food to eat or water to drink. Homer says there's plenty of water, unaware of the difference between salt water and pure water. Meanwhile, the other team of junior campers is led by Ernest Borgnine… who sees his pocket knife has been taken from him (by Homer) as he encounters one treacherous situation after another. Homer tries to fish while they are lost at sea, but is unsuccessful. Homer ends up using up all their supplies, including their flares, as well as accidentally piercing their raft with a pocket knife. As they are sinking and dying, they stumble upon a Krusty Burger joint in the middle of the ocean… and they are saved from the brink of death by mere dumb luck. In the end, we see Ernest Borgnine telling the rest of the children a tale while they are sitting around a campfire in the middle of the night… and he is attacked by what appears to be a deadly bear from a first person angle. This was an awesome episode with brilliant and exciting twists and turns… as well as a unique plot and life-threatening situations that make it a purely gritty and severe survival episode. Very well written.

The episode about nature and survival

Author: Luca Elliot Sanderson from Norway
10 August 2014

This episode follows Bart and Milhouse getting hyper for after drinking a slush, then they accidentally get to Junior Campers, led by Ned Flanders and when Bart learns to do all the stuff like using pocketknife and animal catcher to Campers, then when he needs a parent to join with Bart and it's Homer J. Simpson, when they are in Junior Campers they meet Ernest Borgnine who will join another team in Campers, then they start the competition, then when they accidentally go the wrong passage-way, they get stranded on a boat, until they get back, where the other team gets killed by a bear or maybe human, then when they found a Krusty Burger, he ate 700 burgers because of hunger, then at the end, Ernest and the kids gets killed by Jason Voorhees. The episode is clever, amazing and funny With many pop culture References.