"Sex and the City" Where There's Smoke... (2000)

« Prev | 31 of 94 Episodes | Next »

High Expectations Weren't Met In The Season Opener

Author: Desertman84 from United States
4 September 2013

The four friends take the ferry out to Staten Island to watch and judge the New York City Fire Department's "Calendar Contest". Carrie meets a handsome local politician, Bill Kelley, but is reluctant about starting a relationship with him. Miranda gets help from Steve after she undergoes LASIK eye surgery. Tired of waiting for a fairytale romance, Charlotte begins aggressively searching for a "Prince Charming" to marry. Samantha dates the pinup-boy fireman she met at the benefit.

Considering that this was a season three opening episode,my expectations were quite high.Too bad that they weren't met at all.I don't like the new man that Carrie is dating for he seems to be domineering towards her.Also,it just too bad that we don't go anywhere in the Miranda/Steve storyline. Why is she always falling for the wrong guy?Is being handsome just enough?Too bad that the episode doesn't explain more.But nevertheless,I would still consider it fun and entertaining if only you would compare it to the other SATC episodes and not consider it the first episode of the third season.