« Prev | 29 of 94 Episodes | Next »

Best episode of the entire series!

Author: nixskits from Canada
29 December 2009

When writing about television up till now, I've taken the whole run of the shows I've reviewed into account. Realizing one can opt for a single episode comment as well, I think this program had it's best moments in this "going to the f$$king Hamptons" story. "Sex And The City" wasn't something I knew from a test pattern three years ago. Then it went into syndication in a big way and I started watching this phenomenon which had been so popular on cable for a long time. I can guess as to what was changed for regular standards (like Samantha saying, "Wanna have sex?" in one yoga centred plot, instead of what a wildcat like her would really blurt out).

This very popular with the ladies show has spawned a film so far, with another ahead in the 2010 schedule. I went to see "SATC" the movie and can say this drew the largest female crowd I've ever seen for one title (at least 80% of the audience were women). So financially, it makes good sense to keep producing these sequels when there's a gigantic line of folks waiting to see them. I wish "The Sopranos", "Dexter" and "Nip/Tuck" would also have big screen projects in the works.

This particular story has Charlotte, Miranda, Samantha and the other one (you know who she is!) having not quite fun in the sun while renting a beach house in the trendy part of Long Island. Samantha is having perpetual migraines dealing with her nincompoop assistant, Charlotte meets a younger man she thinks might be Mr. Right, Miranda is suitably droll and the other one has a new admirer of the literary kind, played by Rachel Miner, here the total opposite of the goth flavoured show biz woman she plays on "Californication".

Of course, everything turns to hell in less than half an hour and hilarity ensues. I think along with Nadia Dajani's character in a different episode ("Critical Condition"), Miner's role should have been expanded into something more, as her spirited portrayal was much richer than most of their guests and deserved a prominent place in the recurring people of "SATC". So, neither lady ever came back and this show was less vital in spirit as a result. Certain other actors who had long stints on this ever popular hit didn't impress me as much and I hold it against the creative powers behind "SATC" that this was one of the reasons I grew bored with it and stopped watching when they reached the final season.

Being 20 Years Of Age

Author: Desertman84 from United States
4 September 2013

Carrie and her friends head to the Hamptons to enjoy summer days at the beach. Several encounters with young women in their 20's cause Carrie to ponder the differences between the two age groups especially after she unexpectedly runs into Mr. Big—and his new 27-year-old girlfriend, Natasha — at a Hamptons party. Miranda tries in vain to have some mature fun in the Hamptons. Charlotte pretends to be in her twenties so she can date a cute 26-year-old. Samantha's 25-year-old ex-assistant is hired to throw a big Hamptons party using her Rolodex for the guest list.

This is an entertaining episode especially after it tackles the issue of the age of women and the advantages as well as the intricacies behind it.We get to see how Carrie was hurt deeply after seeing Big with Natasha.Also,we get to see how Charlotte tries to be younger to be able to date a handsome young man.Also,we get to see how Miranda tries to acclimate herself in a young group.