IMDb > "Sex and the City" The Monogamists (1998) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Sex and the City" The Monogamists (1998)

« Prev | 7 of 94 Episodes | Next »

When Big and Carrie starts to date

Author: Lady Targaryen from Brazil
5 April 2006

Carrie and Mr. Big finally starts to date. Carrie even commits the ''sin'' of forgetting to call her friends to stay with Mr. Big instead. Charlotte is dating a guy who loves oral sex, but she is not a real fan of this practice, so every time they stay alone, she has problems with it. Miranda had worked on a big successful merger while Samantha was searching for a new and perfect apartment. Everything was beautiful and perfect until Carrie sees Mr. Big in a date with another woman: that's when she starts to question to herself about the whole monogamy habit. Samantha is a person that she cannot count in this, neither Stanford and even Miranda, who has sex again with Skipper after she dumped him. (Poor Skipper,he was going out with such an amazing woman from Vogue!)

aka "Monogamia" - Brazil

On Being Monogamous

Author: Desertman84 from United States
2 September 2013

Carrie and Mr. Big begin dating on a regular basis, but she learns after bumping into him that he is dating other women.But she wants to be in a monogamous with him.Miranda has broken up with Skipper, but when she sees him out with another woman, she tries to get back together, on a non-exclusive basis, which he can't handle. Samantha goes apartment hunting, supposedly with a realtor on an exclusive basis, but actually continues to use others.

Mr. Big wasn't so sparkly great considering the fact that he was dating other people and didn't seem to have a problem about it. Guys can so totally be like that in that they think a relationship is on the "Hey we're just having fun, babe" level and the girl is on the complete opposite spectrum. That's why you have to communicate.But what makes it somewhat surprising is that during Carrie and Big's conversations,they skipped right over that.Another humorous part of this episode is Samantha's lack of monogamy with her realtor.LOL

Another Downer

Author: KatherinePetersdorf from Washington, USA
1 July 2013

This episode didn't do it for me. I love Sex and the City, but this episode just was awful. It was another drama-queen episode instead of something fun and fresh. I don't know if it is just me, but Mr. Big and Carrie had so many episodes together when they were dating that were annoying and upsetting.

The way Carrie reacted upset me the most, she knew he was dating other women and yet she got together when him again at the end of the episode? The way she let Mr. Big walk all over her all the time made me feel like she was weak not a good role model, she couldn't make a relationship work and yet she wrote advice on them?

Charlotte's part of the episode was really great, though. I felt like a ton of women could relate to her relationship problem. She didn't want to do something and he wasn't okay with that, and I'm sure every women has something different that they don't wish to do that comes between them and a man who pretends to be perfect.

The idea that there aren't men who want to be monogamous was just wrong though, I've met plenty of them, I also lived a small town in the mid west that was mostly Christian and that valued being married forever and frowned on divorce.