IMDb > "Seinfeld" The Engagement (1995) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Seinfeld" The Engagement (1995)

« Prev | 107 of 172 Episodes | Next »

The Engagement is a classic for many reasons, it's pure Seinfeld hilarity.

Author: callanvass
11 January 2010

"What are we doing? what kind of lives are these? Were children, were definitely not men".-Jerry Seinfeld.

"What are you thinking about? Marriage?, Family?. There man-made prisons, you're doing time!".-Kramer.

"Susan: I just want you to know, I love your son very much. Estelle: You do? May I ask why?".

.Cop Knocks on Newman's door. "Newman: What took ya so long?".

The Story here is that, Jerry and George make a pact to change there lives, to try love like normal people, only Jerry does not change, thanks to Kramer's opinion about marriage. George ends up regrettably proposing to Susan. Elaine has dogs outside her apartment, who refuse to shut up, so she enlists Kramer and Newman to help her out.

The Engagement was the 1st time that we didn't see a Seinfeld episode, start with a stand up routine, from Jerry Seinfeld. Instead it cuts straight to the chase, with George and his girlfriend playing chess. In one of the funniest bits in the entire episode, George gets annoyed, because his girlfriend beats him at chess, typical hilarious George response "I don't think we should each other anymore". I thought the Elaine not being able to sleep cause of the dogs, wasn't quite as funny as George and Jerry's, it just seemed too ordinary for Seinfeld. That being said, I still laughed at it.

What's so funny about George is, he's always jumping to conclusions in his mind, and ends up acting on them, without thinking it through. Seeing his reactions watching happily taken couples, while sitting on a park bench, imagining his own scenario's with Susan in flashback montage, is pretty hysterical itself. Heidi Swedberg is an exceptionally beautiful woman, and that's what makes George's well know disdain for her eventually once again, hilarious. Larry always has these funny little things, that he puts into his episodes, he'll even go as far as to someone who eats pea's, one at a time, and that's a big reason, that makes this show outrageously funny. Jerry's deliberate overacting is hilarious, when ever he does it. The way he yells "YOUR GETTING MARRIED" is very funny. I also enjoyed Ed O'Ross in his cameo, as a cop.

Bottom Line. The Engagement is a classic episode, in every way possible. imaginative humor and classic sequences, make this one, a memorable one.

George gets engaged out of blue

Author: Emraan Noor Fahad
26 August 2014

George & jerry sitting in their regular coffee shop and talking about their relation life.When they both realize they are getting nowhere in their life & they are still behaves like children..they broke up with women for silly reasons..So they make a pact to get something with their life like have a steady relationship with a women..Meanwhile,Elaine is having trouble with her sleep because a dog barks continuously at the night.She can not sleep or work so she seeks help from Kramer.He tells her that he knows somebody and that somebody turns out to be no other than Newman,they both plan to kill the dog,which Elaine first didn't thought would be good idea but later they plan to kidnap the dog and Elaine then agrees to go with it. However George Costanza Sitting on a bench near the river discovers that he should marry Susan.So he proposes her & they are about to get married in Christmas..WHile Jerry Broke up With his girl friend which upsets George because he thought they would both get married at the same time. This is my one of the favorite episode and extremely funny..Love it So 10 out of 10..no doubt!

Hilarious.

Author: Sirus_the_Virus from United States
12 September 2009

The Plot of the episode: Elaine has a problem with sleeping because of these dogs barking all night and she loses her voice. Meanwhile, George and his ex Susan Ross(From season 4). He proposes and she accepts after a few hours of convincing. Kramer and Newman have a solution to help Elaine out. Elaine likes the solution. Kramer and Newman plan on killing the dog.

The engagement is a great episode of the greatest show of all time. I would never marry Susan Ross. She just seems so, I don't know what. The engagement is a funny episode because of many things. But a lot of it has to do with the situation with Elaine and the dog. It is very funny and it is pretty awesome. The engagement is a very funny episode, like every episode.