IMDb > "Seinfeld" The Bris (1993) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Seinfeld" The Bris (1993)

« Prev | 67 of 172 Episodes | Next »

The Bris or the Pigman

Author: (zfiany@hotmail.com) from Lebanon
2 July 2009

With all the pigman issue going around and after the famous dialogue between Jerry and Kramer where the latter tells the prior " I'm tellin ya the pigman is alive. The governments been experimenting with pigmen since the fifties.", you get George Costanza's classical comment: " I wish there were pigmen. You get a few of these pigmen walking around I'm looking a whole lot better. Then if somebody wants to fix me up at least they could say, Hey he's no pig-man!"

And you ask me why I love Georgi the most! I could build him a statue and sit to laugh at it all day.

But Jerry also has a unique answer to that : " Believe me, there'd be plenty of women going for the pigmen. No matter what the deformity you'll find some group of perverts attracted to it. Ooo that little tail turns me on."

Can you resist all that?

And when Jerry & Elaine are asked to attend the Bris of the baby they're supposed to be his Godparent, the Mohel accidentally circumcizes Jerry's finger instead of the baby. How about that!

Those people are just magnificent and the whole show is unforgettable.

Very Funny

Author: s_l_wood from Canada
5 March 2010

This episode was very good. One of the great things about Seinfeld is that not only are the main characters funny, but some of the characters with minor roles are also hilarious (like Georges' parents, Kramers' lawyer, and David Puddy.) A very funny character is in this episode, the mohel. He makes valid points but is so over the top, like he criticizes Elaine for putting a glass close to the edge of a table, where it could easily fall, but is just so funny and melodramatic about it. The central plot involves Jerry and Elaine being asked to be godparents to a friends' baby, and assissting with a bris. Jerry and Elaine plan the bris, with Elaine making funny remarks about how unattractive uncircumcised penises are, and then at the actual bris the mohel steals the show. George and Kramer also have funny scenes: Kramer accuses a hospital of creating a breed of mutant pig men based on seeing a man he feels resembles a pig, and George tries to get the same hospital to pay for damages to his car. A thoroughly funny episode.

One of the best.

Author: Sirus_the_Virus from United States
18 August 2009

I have seen the episode The Bris a few times and laugh a ton. The Bris is a pretty famous episode. I think that The Bris is one of the best Seinfeld episodes ever. I would've felt pretty creeped out if I would've saw the Pig man also. That Rabbi truly is a moron though. The Bris is very funny, and that Kramer continues to obsess with some things. There are great performances by , of course, Jerry Seinfeld, Julia Louis Dreyfuss, Michael Richards, and the great Jason Alexander. Also by the guy who plays The Rabbi, and a few others. The Bris is definitely one of the funniest episodes of Seinfeld, but this is a show you can't go wrong with. Just about every episode is great.

The Plot of Episode: Jerry and Elaine have been casted as the Godparents of a friend's baby. The job doesn't last when Elaine hires a drunk Rabbi to perform it. Kramer accidentally walks in on a man who looks like a pig and begins to obsess about him. A mental patient at the hospital tries to commit suicide and lands on George's car. George tries to blame the Hospital to cover for the insurance.

"Look what they've done to my boy..."

Author: itamarscomix from Israel
27 September 2011

Season 5, Chapter 5, "The Bris" This is one of those episodes that made people say that Seinfeld is "too Jewish".

Much as we Jewish folk love to make fun of ourselves - and I loved those part of the episode - this is one of the weaker episodes in season 5. The bris scene itself is, actually, one of the few major highlights of the episode, with the Dangerfieldian mohel making or an excellent character, but the story itself doesn't make much sense and the ending isn't satisfying at all. It does have some very funny moments like the pigman debate, and it's funny like every episode from this season is, but it's not a classic.