"Sanford and Son" Aunt Esther Meets Her Son (1976)

« Prev | 123 of 135 Episodes | Next »

Hilarious Episode

Author: blaquekat02 from United States
21 January 2015

I loved this episode!! I didn't know that even Esther's husband could be funny! I 1st saw this episode while on vacation in California and with the limited channels that hotels usually have, I stumbled upon this episode. The way Esther reacted when her adopted son turned out to be atheist was hilarious!! Tears came running down my face from laughing so hard at that part and this entire episode!! It was funny seeing Redd Foxx trying to get with the young lady, young enough to be his granddaughter too! I'm happy that by the end of the episode, he was understood about why he was a non believer and his willingness to learn about the love of God! All in all, it was a good episode. Crdit to the writers, Redd Foxx and Lawanda Page RIP!!

Atheism is not a disease

Author: (Greatornot) from United States
13 January 2011

This was one of the most disgusting TV episodes I have ever seen. Esther meets her adopted son, who happens to be an atheist teen. Basically, This episode portrays atheism as something that is horrible and morally wrong. I thought this episode placed religion in a bad light by showing how judgmental one can be. Obviously, I did not like this episode and particularly did not care for the negative connotation placed with atheism. This could have been a wonderful episode , embracing differences not shunning them. Shame on the writers of this for this awful , hateful episode. The bright side is that the other S and S eps are much better.