"Queer as Folk" Stand Up for Ourselves (2004)

« Prev | 58 of 83 Episodes | Next »

Justin fights back!

Author: PoisonKeyblade from Long Island, New York
9 January 2008

Episode 402 "I neeeeeever saw it." ~Justin

This episode was really interesting, and surprisingly very dark. It had it's cute lighthearted moments and some great scenes between Scott Lowell and Dean Armstrong. I am so happy that Blake finally returned, and I really like how he and Ted are, essentially, reconnecting with each other. I have a bad feeling that Temmett is officially over, and that really stinks. I liked that pairing quite a lot. It was great to see Michael and Emmett do something together after so long. In many ways this episode brought me back to season one, from the music to the self-discovery to the subtle use of quotes from the first season. Justin reflecting on his choices and encouraging 'Shanda Leer' to make the right ones was quite intriguing indeed, and even more so was the fabulous ending in which Justin joined the Pink Posse. The entire 'fairies' thing was pretty funny, and even the one aspect that seemed like something out of a fantasy or the Twilight Zone was very well-written and handled. The guy who was at the rally (I can't remember his name right now) had a very interesting (and, in ways, true) speech that I absolutely loved. It was quite moving and its impact was very hard-hitting, especially for Justin. This episode was utterly perfect and yet another solid episode for season four.

Episode #4.2

Author: ComedyFan2010 from Canada
7 May 2012

A promising episode. The best part in it to me was the fairy camp. I can't help it but I loved every scene about it. Michael enjoying it was so cute. And it was a fun story about Emmett having his spiritual experience. Also loved all the characters in the camp. Was also happy to see Emmett partying at the end. I liked the story of his and Ted's relationship, but I really missed the happy Emmett.

I also like to see Ted and Blake. Very happy that Blake made it and is now helping Ted.

The story of Brian's commercial was once again boooooring. All those "genius" ideas of Brian are neither entertaining nor impressive, so I usually dislike stories about his work.

What I am looking forward is to see the development of Justin getting together in a group that wants to fight back. Justin't struggle in this episode was very well played.