IMDb > "Queer as Folk" The Election (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Queer as Folk" The Election (2003)

« Prev | 56 of 83 Episodes | Next »

Another AMAZING out-of-this-world finale

Author: PoisonKeyblade from Long Island, New York
3 January 2008

"As far as I'm concerned, it ain't over till the 'slightly overweight but still workin' on it' lady sings!" ~Debbie

I LOVED this episode. It echoed the Wizard of Oz so many times, especially with all of the black-and-white color schemes. Brian really seems to finally stand up for something that he believes in by pushing the story about dumpster boy to the press, no matter what it may cost him. As always, all of the Rage references were much-appreciated as well as seeing some more of Justin's amazing artwork as he works on the third issue. Ted finally hits rock bottom in quite a shocking sequence, but it becomes somewhat better for him after he checks himself into rehab. The reunion of Ted and Blake was long-overdue, and it seemed very odd and out of place. Things have changed so much since the last time they were together, and it also appears as if positions have switched up entirely. I also have grown very attached to the Hunter storyline, and I can't wait to see what the next season has in store. His mother showing up was extremely unexpected, but even more unexpected was how nice she seemed at first compared to how evil she quickly became. As I said before, I really loved all of the uses of color, especially in the ending when things are finally looking bright again. Justin and Brian have some amazing moments, Michael runs away with Hunter, and everyone celebrates! The episode was so light-hearted and amazing, and I was very satisfied with the outcome. I still don't see why so many people complained about this season. Anyways, I loved this finale so much, and it delivered on exactly what I have come to expect from these Queer as Folk finales.

Episode #3.14

Author: ComedyFan2010 from Canada
7 May 2012

What a great, great, great season finale! I didn't even expect I will like it that much.

First of all, I was happy to see Blake again. It did hit my mind after the last episode that Ted is turning into Blake, the guy whom he couldn't date because of the addiction and behavior that came with it. And what I am especially happy about is to see the twist they made by making Blake the counsellor. Back in the days Ted helped him by getting him to the rehab, now it is Blake's turn to help Ted with his addiction.

The story with Hunter's mom coming to pick him up, is a great idea. I love how connected Ted and Ben are with him now. How Michael went to help him even by taking the risk and the hug that Hunter gave Ben before leaving. very interested to see how it goes.

I was sure that the election will end the way it did. But this didn't take away from the excitement and happiness of seeing them all storming out to the streets and celebrate the outcome. Great energy and a great finale