IMDb > "NewsRadio" Chock (1998) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

« Prev | 64 of 97 Episodes | Next »

Perfection

Author: Mr-Fusion from United States
28 April 2016

If I can air a dark secret for a moment, I am really not a fan of Matthew. Maybe it's just because it's Andy Dick, who's easily the weak link in this ensemble. Not looking to dwell on the negative, but I have to bring this up because he plays a significant role in "Chock" . . . and yet it's still one of my very favorite episodes.

For me, it's all about Dave's acapella buddies (Bob Odenkirk, David Cross and Brian Posehn, ideal casting to the nth degree) showing up to make good on a promise that - get this - if none are married by now, they make a serious attempt at a recording career. Naturally, Dave doesn't remember the pact and searches desperately for a way out. The dialogue from these guys is just one priceless joke after another. Behold:

"Look, if wanting to storm the pop charts with a style of music that most Americans find extremely gay, or in some other way distasteful makes a loser, then fine, guilty as charged!"

But everything here just works; Rogen's in top form, the writing is razor sharp and there's lots of Odenkirk yelling. The laughs come fast and furious.