IMDb > "My Name Is Earl" Teacher Earl (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"My Name Is Earl" Teacher Earl (2005)

« Prev | 5 of 96 Episodes | Next »

Karma's army

Author: RainDogJr from Mexico City
6 April 2008

If Earl could have read this comment before knowing about the karma, he probably could have a lot of fun with my pretty bad English because if you're Mexican, Vietnamese, Chinese, French, Russian, etc. having problems with the English language, you will probably have the same problems if you meet the old Earl Hickey.

In this episode the objective of Earl is to help foreign people to learn the English language and for that he became a teacher. At the same time his old friend and follower Ralph is out of prison and Earl will try to hide his new right behaviour of his friend. In this case the flashbacks are terrific, showing how Earl was the main influence of Ralph and Randy but now they are not longer part of the new life of Earl and they begin to have their old life style stealing everything, even a wedding dress. In the end Randy learn his lesson just like Earl who is saved by the "karma's army" (the group of his foreign students) lead by Nescobar-A-Lop-Lop.

And by the way, this is the first but not the last time that we can hear music of the great Bob Marley & the Wailers, in this episode the song that appears is "One Love" and is just great.

Excellent episode. It is one of my favorite's.

Author: dobbin-4 from Australia
10 December 2007

Now I am a huge fan of My Name is Earl and am one of the 2 people in the class I am in who watches it. This episode features Earl trying to make up for him making fun of other country's accents and languages. The Episode is hilarious and Earl grows into his role further as with Joy and Randy. This episode is one of the funniest episodes of the 54 I have seen only beaten by the airport episodes and the episode where Earl first goes to jail and a few after that. Overall the episode is just a plus for the series and Jason Lee rocks hard as Earl. I rate this episode 94% and believe me buy every episode of my name is Earl. Thats my 2 cents by LacTheBod.