IMDb > "Miami Vice" Lombard (1985) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Miami Vice" Lombard (1985)

« Prev | 22 of 111 Episodes | Next »

A great ending to a solid first season

Author: DVD_Connoisseur from England
18 May 2007

"Lombard" ends the first season with a return appearance from Dennis Farina as Albert Lombard.

This is a satisfying conclusion with great performances all 'round. Farina is as believable as always as the crime boss whose empire is starting to crumble.

With some great sequences, this is a memorable addition to the first year of "Vice".

Despite the episode tying up all the loose ends, there's still a lingering feeling that we may not yet have seen the last of the episode's title character...

9 out of 10.

An honourable man

Author: Tweekums from United Kingdom
28 March 2012

This, the concluding episode of season one, sees Crockett and Tubbs trying to persuade a senior member of the Mafia to testify against his new boss while simultaneously trying to keep him alive. Lombard is old school and believes that one never testifies against anybody else even if it would keep you out of jail; his problem is that his young new boss can't see anybody doing five years rather than talking so is determined to kill him.

The various attempts on Lombard's life involve some fairly exciting shoot outs; we even get to see Switek shooting at would-be assassins with an M-60 machinegun! This isn't what makes this such a good episode though; that is down to the character driven scenes where Lombard, played by the excellent Dennis Farina must decide whether or not to testify; after all is he honour bound to protect a man who is trying to kill him? Usually in cop shows we just see the criminals as bad guys doing bad things but here we see a more human side as Lombard worries about what his son thinks of him and even cooks a homemade meal for Crockett and Tubbs while he is under police protection. This was a fine conclusion to the first season that left me looking forward to season two.