IMDb > "Maverick" Diamond Flush (1961) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Maverick" Diamond Flush (1961)

« Prev | 100 of 124 Episodes | Next »

Did You Buy That Diamond at Walmart?

Author: dougdoepke from Claremont, USA
26 November 2008

A choice episode full of artful schemes and charming people. So where is the real Kashmeer diamond. Beau thinks the lovely Danielle has it. But no, the Fergusons tell him, they have they have the real one and Danielle has only a fake. What's more, for $5,000, Beau should switch the diamonds so Danielle gets the real one back. Jeweler Bockenheimer says yes, that's correct. But then the Fergusons disappear and Danielle's new diamond shatters like an old milk bottle. I think I've got it right, but maybe not. I guess I don't blame Beau for looking terminally confused. Anyhow, things work out in the end— at least I think they do.

Clever script, full of interesting people and unpredictable twists. Moore shines as Beau Maverick, with just the right tongue-in-cheek. Ditto, the lovely, big-eyed Berard as Danielle. I guess Sig Rumann as the clownish Bockenheimer is a matter of taste, but at least he's not out of sync with the humorous approach. (Good to see that fine veteran actress Anna Lee picking up a payday as Mrs. Ferguson.) Anyhow, it's a nifty hour of Maverick charade, even if Warner's backlot looks about as much like scenic Colorado Springs as I look like Roger Moore.