"Mary Tyler Moore" Put on a Happy Face (1973)

« Prev | 71 of 168 Episodes | Next »

Mary's bad luck is hysterical

Author: U.N. Owen from NYC
14 April 2012

I've been a Mary-o-phile since it's 1st run. I grew up with her, and, I still love her.

I've said to people 'there's no problem that you have, that can't be solved by an episode of Mary.

This is one episode that is one of my favourites. So many aphorisms I live by, I learned here, e.g: colds; 'three days coming, three days with you, and three days going.'

Nothing goes right for our Mare. It all starts with a cup of coffee, that's spilt onto here sweater at work, and things only start to go downhill from that point.

It all leads up to Mary and the gang at the Teddy's, where Mary is nominated. I don't want to give away anything about this show, other than to say, this episode has me still laughing, all these yeas later.

Mary in the Circles of Hell

Author: Hitchcoc from United States
10 February 2017

This is a phenomenal episode. Mary is at work and spills coffee on her sweater. She slips on the floor and sprains her ankle. And that's just the start. A whole series of minor catastrophes take place, including a horrible cold and having to go to an awards banquet with Ted Baxter. The dinner is funny enough, but the scene where Lou Grant carries Mary to her chair after her sprain would rival the best "I Love Lucy" bit you've ever seen. Her misery goes on and on and on. The cleaners ruin her dress, her hair dryer breaks, and, then there is her appearance at the Teddy Awards. If you don't laugh at this you need to check your pulse. It was so good to see an episode where Mary wasn't fawning over some guy.