IMDb > "Malcolm in the Middle" The Bully (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Malcolm in the Middle" The Bully (2000)

« Prev | 26 of 151 Episodes | Next »

Prescient: occurred the year before 9/11

Author: nyc man from NY, NY
15 March 2015

Reese (the 2nd oldest child) was a bully in the school yard, and terrorized everyone. But when he gets second thoughts about being bad, it turns out that *****SPOILER ALERT******** all the secondary bullies take their revenge and their brutality out on everyone.

It mirrors what we now know happens if you remove fascist dictators, such as Saddam Hussein, in the middle east. The power vacuum allows secondary evil forces to become more powerful, and less structured (the kid in the wheel chair was off-limits prior to Reese being deposed, but is now harassed!).

Too bad someone in Bush's US State Department or Dept of Defense didn't watch this episode and apply this lesson to removing Saddam Hussein from Iraq, and not have a structure in place to stop random violent groups: which is affecting us / Iraqis / the Middle East from 2002 through 2015 (as I write this).

PS: To remind the less politically aware among us: It was the Taliban and Al Qaeda in Afghanistan that helped attack the USA on 9/11 whilst Bush was president, and NOT the groups in Iraq.