IMDb > "Lovejoy" Last Tango in Lavenham (1994) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Lovejoy" Last Tango in Lavenham (1994)

« Prev | 73 of 73 Episodes

Good Bye 'Lovejoy' :-(

Author: Martin Dawson (flugluftholgate@hotmail.co.uk) from United Kingdom
25 November 2006

I always liked 'Lovejoy' and having visited the area a few times it is nice to see the places in the flesh, so to speak. There is the odd problem, but show me a perfect film or TV series!!! The first series was darker and sometimes you could pick out the actors finding there way, but when it gets going and every body knows every body its very good. One thing I like is the information about the antiques, having access to the www can confirm the facts, etc, they come out with. This episode and the first of the second (or third) is a bit sentimental with flash backs to the past and the characters been all chummy and sometimes been out of character... Its a shame they did not have 'Charlie Gimbet' in the last one, in fact he should have been in more. Also they should have had a 'Comedy Plod' in the whole series (ala 'Minder'), Police make great comedy! Well worth watching and shouting at the TV screen when Lovejoy makes a hash of his love life! He should have married Lady Jane...

The end of a great show!

Author: Wirefan122 from United States
28 April 2016

Not being around when this show first ended (and not knowing much about it's history) I was not sure when I watched this episode if the writers knew this was the last episode...obviously they did!

It starts off with buyers coming for Felsham estate, which can most likely mean that Lovejoy's abode will be unavailable to him soon. Also we find out Tink is retiring! A small montage of old (perhaps not all old) footage is started and I think it might be the dreaded 'clip show' episode, which it turns out not to be although now I think that wouldn't have been such a bad idea.

Next we learn that Charlotte will most likely be leaving for New York City with a new job and Beth is looking for a different job also. Then Jane Felsham shows up! I will not spoil the rest but let me just say it is a bittersweet reunion/ending to a great show.