"Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" Tortured (2003)

« Prev | 82 of 411 Episodes | Next »

Meandering

Author: bkoganbing from Buffalo, New York
31 October 2012

Although this SVU episode starts out with a murder of a Tibetan refugee and Chris Meloni and Mariska Hargitay assume it has something to do with her political activism it meanders quite a bit until we get to it having to do with her footwear.

Another lovely red herring is thrown in when the SVU squad suspects Frederick Weller initially of the crime. The victim was married to her, but that turns out to be a marriage for citizenship as Weller is gay and has a partner. That sounds like the subject of a whole SVU episode in and of itself.

No after a painstaking investigation the culprit is Charlie Hofheimer who has a raging shoe fetish. But Dr. Huang assures us that those folks are not violent. Which leads us to the final twist of the story which I will not reveal.

Not one of SVU's better episodes it meanders way too much in the plot.

Funny goof i noticed

Author: Jon_Omega50 from Canada
11 January 2008

A Tibetan woman who was tortured in her home country is found murdered, with her foot missing, and after an exhaustive search of potential suspects, the killer is a victim of torture himself. Overall I enjoyed the episode, only thing is there was a funny goof which i noticed.......when in the M.E's office she used some sort of flashlight to look at the victims neck... The victim is supposed to be dead, but when the camera zooms in on the neck of the victim she is clearly breathing... either they preformed the autopsy a bit premature, or the actress had a hard time holding her breathe either way i got a laugh out of it.