"Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" Identity (2005)

« Prev | 128 of 350 Episodes | Next »

Now this was one awesome episode

Author: hppg
21 October 2006

It's amazing how episodes in the "Law and Order" series manage to start with one crime and then follow different threads to end up with lots of details and often a confusing issue. I really enjoy watching it. In this case, a man fell down off a building, hit a car and died. Due to injuries found in his genital region, the "SVU" squad was called in to investigate who had apparently pushed him off the building and why.

From there, discovery of fresh graffiti on the building leads them to a rebellious teenager, Logan, who denies all responsibility for either crime, even when his DNA is found at the crime scene. To make things harder, his twin sister Lindsay confirms he was at their home all night.

Things start to get even more complicated. I won't say too much, just ask that you watch the episode! It was very clever. I suspected one of the "twists" regarding Lindsay and Logan as I was familiar with the true story it was based on. Reiley McClendon's acting was stunningly, believably good.

And the ending...what an ending. I loved it. It was so clever. And really makes you think. The episode was a little sad. But so well done, and I can't recommend it highly enough.

obnoxious doctor gets it in the end.

Author: baronedon from ROMA
14 July 2008

Starts typical SVU that evolves with strong almost unbelievable circumstances.. I figured the scenario early but that twist at the end was extremely satisfying AND REWARDING..

I could not believe the stupidity of the parents. First their child/children with the police and later discovering (SPOILER) with the therapist.. Great the show is finally giving the ME Dr. Melinda Warner more screen time and viable roles Fantastically portrayed by actress TAMARA TUNIE.

Strong portrayal by fifteen year old Reilly.

Dialogue between Elliot & OBNOXIOUS Dr. Blair one of the reasons this Version of Law & Order shines.

Not all that clever

Author: jennkrouse from United States
8 September 2014

The reviews for this episode think the writing is so clever. However, what they don't know is the entire episode is based on a book about the life of David Reimer, called As Nature Made Him: The Boy Who Was Raised as a Girl.

The entire episode, except the rape/murder that sets it all off, follow the book almost verbatim, including most of the twist at the end. They did not murder the therapist in real life, like they do in the episode, but they unfortunately suffered the same abuse at the hand of their therapist. Both brother committed suicide in their 30s. It was such a disturbing and sad story.

I love SVU, but they totally stole the sad story of these brothers' lives on this one...